Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.41.134

Logs -- https://eddie.website/report/bda37c11/

On ZorinOS 17 running Ubuntu 22.04 (more info here https://zorin.com/os/details/ )

Despite the option being enabled, minimizing Eddie just brings it to the taskbar without hiding it in the tray.

Also worth mentioning that when Eddie is launched, it's automatically minimized and refuses to maximize. When I force-maximize it through keyboard options, I'm met with a completely black window. Only by going into tray and clicking the first option in the right click menu does the window return to normal.

Another perhaps related oddity is the server screen looks like this - (see attachment)
No lines between each server, and scrolling is wonky. This wasn't the case on previous installations (both Windows and Zorin 16).

Please if you have any advice let me know.

Screenshot from 2024-07-30 00-21-51.png

What's your desktop environment?

On 7/29/2024 at 11:25 PM, hedgehoq said:

Also worth mentioning that when Eddie is launched, it's automatically minimized and refuses to maximize. When I force-maximize it through keyboard options, I'm met with a completely black window. Only by going into tray and clicking the first option in the right click menu does the window return to normal.

Sounds very familiar to what I and many other KDE users experience.

Despite the option being enabled, minimizing Eddie just brings it to the taskbar without hiding it in the tray.

Can reproduce as well.

Another perhaps related oddity is the server screen looks like this - (see attachment)
No lines between each server, and scrolling is wonky. This wasn't the case on previous installations (both Windows and Zorin 16).

Cannot reproduce.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@hedgehog

Hello!

Some of the features you mention are essentially managed by Mono, can you please make sure you have an up to date package?

If any problem persists, please test Eddie 2.24 beta version and report any persisting problem in this thread:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/57401-eddie-desktop-224-beta-released/

Start from a default configuration please: before you install the beta version please delete the 2.21.8 configuration file whose location is ~/.config/eddie directory (you can delete anything inside that directory while Eddie is NOT running in order to wipe out any previous setting).

If the scroll problem persists, please try to change font.

When you report persisting problems please do not forget to mention your Desktop Environment name and version.

Kind regards

2 hours ago, Staff said:

I don't know if it was this mono thing or my configuration, but everything is completely fixed! Thank you for everything :wub:

For anybody reading this in the future with the same problem:

Make sure to check System Monitor for any eddie-ui process, as exiting through the app didn't completely stop it.
Then do
sudo apt-get purge eddie-ui 
or whatever your distro's equivalent is.
Then delete the config folder like they said.
Then install the latest version (beta 2.24.x in this case)

Also my desktop environment is GNOME Shell 43.9     I thought it would be in the Zorin info link i posted but apparently not