Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.14.103
drsergei

ANSWERED WireGuard: "Unable to import configuration: Tunnel name is not valid"

Greetings.  I am a long-time AirVPN user familiar with both Eddie UI and the OpenVPN client utilizing AirVPN-created ovpn configuration files.

Today, I added the Wireguard application to my laptop (running Windows 10) and created five Wireguard configuration files at the AirVPN Client section:  America, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and United States.  In Wireguard I was able to successfully import the America, Asia, Europe, and Oceania tunnels, and each of these four tunnels work flawlessly.  However, when trying to create the United States tunnel by uploading the configuration file to the Wireguard client, the following error consistently occurs:  "Unable to import configuration: Tunnel name is not valid: 'AirVPN_United-States_UDP-1637-Entry 3'".  The name looks fine to me--the naming convention appears to be consistent with the four other configuration files that were accepted by Wireguard without issue.  To test whether this was a one-off configuration file naming error, I also downloaded the following city file:   "AirVPN_US-SanJose-California_Imai_UDP-1637-Entry3" . . . and received the same "Unable to import configuration: Tunnel name is not valid" error code.

At the moment, this is the smallest of annoyances . . . I don't really need a United States-specific or US city-specific Wireguard tunnel.  But I am curious--what might be causing this error code and Wireguard's failure to import these AirVPN-generated configuration files?  What error (if any) am I making, and how might I be able to resolve it?

Thanks for your advice.

AirVPN_US-SanJose-California_Imai_UDP-1637-Entry3.conf AirVPN_United-States_UDP-1637-Entry3.conf

@drsergei

Hello!

WireGuard extracts the configuration file name to name the virtual network interface. The Configuration Generator generates names which are way too long for interface names. You will need to rename configuration files with very short names, with ASCII characters, before using them with WireGuard.

Kind regards