Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.178.230
ttt132

ANSWERED Plex client with AirVPN enabled can't access Plex server from another location

Hello,

My Plex client (under AirVPN) is in one building, and it can't remote access my Plex server located in another building.

I have the following setup:

Building 1: Plex client, AirVPN is on
Building 2: Plex server, no any VPNs are enabled, WAN from ISP

When AirVPN is off on a device with Plex client - everything is fine - remote access works as expected - I can access my Plex server.
But when I enable AirVPN on a device with Plex client - I get continuous "loading" animation - and no information is shown on the client - however the relay feature is on, but even with it I can't see any bits from the server.

Can anyone help how to fix this?

On 7/23/2024 at 9:18 PM, ttt132 said:

But when I enable AirVPN on a device with Plex client - I get continuous "loading" animation - and no information is shown on the client - however the relay feature is on, but even with it I can't see any bits from the server.

Hello!

The client-side problems could be caused by Plex service. In order to reach a Plex server, you may optionally use Plex services for registration, authentication etc., instead of pointing directly to the Plex server. In this case, if Plex service blocks any AirVPN server, you will not be able to access your own Plex server. Try to bypass completely any Plex service and you should be able to reach your Plex server from the Internet or from the VPN.

Just in case you decide to connect to an AirVPN server even the machine running the Plex server, please check the documentation on inbound remote port forwarding and keep in mind that no matter how you configure it, Plex will always listen to port 32400 of your physical and virtual interfaces.

Kind regards