Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.23.0
Sign in to follow this  
quickoats

ANSWERED Multiple Handshake Timeouts Daily

Hi All,

I've noticed an issue where my Wireguard connection will randomly disconnect and reconnect throughout the day. Has anyone else seen something similar to this? Here's an example of what it looks like in the logs.

logs.PNG

Hello!

The most common causes are a "dirty" line and an MTU related problem. Please try to get a stronger WiFi signal, change WiFi channel, test a different Ethernet cable, make sure that network interface driver and router firmware are both up to date. Also set WireGuard's virtual network interface MTU down to 1280 bytes. You will need Eddie 2.24.x to do it, as older versions do not offer an option to modify MTU (so WireGuard default value is enforced). In Eddie 2.24.x please select Preferences > WireGuard, set MTU to 1280 bytes, click Save and test connections to various servers.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Thanks! I determined later on that the errors typically occur when I download a brand new torrent and jump in the initial swarm. I tried the latest beta release and so far I'm not seeing any of the errors! I'm currently using all the default settings and didn't modify the MTU value.

Edit: I started to see the same errors, but way less and it was towards the end of the first torrent download. I'll change the MTU and continue monitoring. FWIW, it likely is the MTU as I ran some tests with ping and 1280 seems to be my optimum value.

Edited ... by quickoats
update