Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.198.130
Rotciv

ANSWERED Config Generator and DuckDuckGo for iOS Issues

Posted ... (edited)

When using DuckDuckGo browser for iOS to generate a configuration, the downloaded file seems to be the config generator page in html but with .ovpn extension. Importing this file to OpenVPN for iOS will fail.

Edited ... by Rotciv

Hey, I remember this.

Along with 2-3 other mentions across the forums I can't find right now. Still not fixed, I see.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:40 PM, Rotciv said:

When using DuckDuckGo browser for iOS to generate a configuration, the downloaded file seems to be the config generator page in html but with .ovpn extension. Importing this file to OpenVPN for iOS will fail.

Hello!

It is possible that it's something caused by an ancient bug affecting various browsers and reported (on Android too) about 15 years ago: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36906622 or something related to mime types. In some rare cases this issue has been correlated to download managers as well.

In iOS, for this specific task please use Safari, Chrome or Opera (without download manager extensions, if necessary), which are not affected by that (or similar) bug and can download files from the CG properly.

If you decide to try and run WireGuard, you may also avoid downloading a file. You can consider to use a computer and shoot (on the computer monitor) the QR code rendered by our Configuration Generator to import the WireGuard configuration file into your iOS device.

Kind regards