Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.240.178
Sign in to follow this  
b0sszkr1

ANSWERED Connection Disconnection Loop

Hey folks, newbie here. I'm currently getting a connection disconnection loop and I'm not sure why. Everything was working fine a few days ago, and suddenly yesterday everything stopped working. I can see in the log that the DNS, ping, and HTTP tests for IPv6 failed. But I have no clue what to do from there. I live in a college dorm so I can't futz with the router as it's not one I own and other people use it. Internet works fine otherwise for me and other people, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Right now I'm just using Mullvad as a backup VPN until I get this fixed (and no, I didn't have it on when trying to connect with Eddie). 

Here's the link to the log report: https://eddie.website/report/ad7518d0/ 
I've also attached it here as a backup. 

airvpn_log_20240417205500.txt

@b0sszkr1

Hello!

We see that you renewed your OpenVPN key and certificate very recently. Eddie updates them only when an account logs in (this behavior will change in future versions). Please try the following procedure:
  • run Eddie
  • log your account out
  • log your account in
  • try again a connection
Kind regards

1 hour ago, Staff said:
@b0sszkr1

Hello!

We see that you renewed your OpenVPN key and certificate very recently. Eddie updates them only when an account logs in (this behavior will change in future versions). Please try the following procedure:
  • run Eddie
  • log your account out
  • log your account in
  • try again a connection
Kind regards

Still doesn't seem to work, I'm getting the same issues. Also, I had renewed my key and certificate because I was already having this issue and thought it might help (I don't know, it was a hail Mary sort of thing). But yeah, logging out and in didn't work, neither did doing that and restarting my PC.

@b0sszkr1

Hello!

Do you still get this error?
. 2024.04.17 13:43:12 - OpenVPN > AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

If so, try to delete the following file while Eddie is NOT running:
C:\Users\ag\AppData\Local\Eddie\default.profile

Then re-start Eddie (you will need to re-enter your AirVPN credentials and the custom options you wish) and test again.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, b0sszkr1 said:

Closed Eddie, deleted default.profile, re-started Eddie, no dice.

Really sorry, I know it's gotta be something I'm doing wrong. Is there something else it might be? 

Here's an updated log if it helps: https://eddie.website/report/1413566f/ 

Hello!

Nothing wrong on your side, you performed the procedure correctly. The error changed, now it is very different:
. 2024.04.18 01:49:20 - OpenVPN > TCP: connect to [AF_INET]192.30.89.29:443 failed: Unknown error
Knowing that the error is "unknown" does not help so much, but at least the previous problem is solved. Do you run any antimalware tool which could be blocking OpenVPN and cause this unknown error?

What happens if you switch to WireGuard? To do so:
  • from Eddie's main window please select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select the line with WireGuard port 51820. The line will be highlighted
  • click "Save" and test again connections to various servers
Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

I had this exact problem today, as "staff" said login out login in helped, BUT you need to enter login and passwords manually again.

Edited ... by mindzze

9 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Nothing wrong on your side, you performed the procedure correctly. The error changed, now it is very different:

. 2024.04.18 01:49:20 - OpenVPN > TCP: connect to [AF_INET]192.30.89.29:443 failed: Unknown error
Knowing that the error is "unknown" does not help so much, but at least the previous problem is solved. Do you run any antimalware tool which could be blocking OpenVPN and cause this unknown error?

What happens if you switch to WireGuard? To do so:
  • from Eddie's main window please select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select the line with WireGuard port 51820. The line will be highlighted
  • click "Save" and test again connections to various servers
Kind regards

That did it! Although, I'd prefer TCP. Lo and behold, I switched to an OpenVPN TCP connection and suddenly it's working now. Honestly, it's kind of annoying. I wish I knew what was actually wrong so I can fix it if it happens again in the future. But, I guess we'll never know. 

Anyway, thanks for the help!

7 hours ago, mindzze said:

I had this exact problem today, as "staff" said login out login in helped, BUT you need to enter login and passwords manually again.

Yeah, I know that at least. I'm not completely incompetent, just a little ignorant lol.

10 hours ago, b0sszkr1 said:

That did it! Although, I'd prefer TCP. Lo and behold, I switched to an OpenVPN TCP connection and suddenly it's working now. Honestly, it's kind of annoying. I wish I knew what was actually wrong so I can fix it if it happens again in the future. But, I guess we'll never know. 

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Hi. I was having the same issue and this also solved it for me. Seems something's wrong with the rest of the protocols for AirVPN. This has happened to me some months ago and I honestly  don't remember what solved it.