Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.14.63

Hi folks,
newcomer here, Linux Ubuntu 23, running Eddie on WireGuard. from my area I have plenty of servers available, and getting like 500 Mbps every day. Refreshing and a lot quicker than my previous vpn! but on the top user speed I see lots of people getting higher speed, is there any way I can fine tune my Eddie to squeeze more bw? Kudos for port forwarding and ad block, terrific system... any chance we can get more than 5 ports? Or I missed some option to have more ports (for a price)?

13 hours ago, cucuruz said:

Hi folks,
newcomer here, Linux Ubuntu 23, running Eddie on WireGuard. from my area I have plenty of servers available, and getting like 500 Mbps every day. Refreshing and a lot quicker than my previous vpn! but on the top user speed I see lots of people getting higher speed, is there any way I can fine tune my Eddie to squeeze more bw? Kudos for port forwarding and ad block, terrific system... any chance we can get more than 5 ports? Or I missed some option to have more ports (for a price)?

Hello!

You can test different MTU values. Please install Eddie 2.24.x (if you haven't already done so) and change MTU on "Preferences" > "WireGuard" window. Please try all the possible values to determine which one can provide you with the best performance. Each time you change value you need to re-start the VPN connection, in order to apply the change on WireGuard. Please make sure to perform a variety of "speed" tests on a level playing field.

Also, please make sure to test servers in a variety of locations around your node.

The limit of 5 ports can't be increased at the moment, we are very sorry. We are working to power up remote inbound port forwarding system in order to avert port depletion and also be able to offer a larger quantity if needed. Stay tuned and welcome aboard!

Kind regards

4 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

You can test different MTU values. Please install Eddie 2.24.x (if you haven't already done so) and change MTU on "Preferences" > "WireGuard" window. Please try all the possible values to determine which one can provide you with the best performance. Each time you change value you need to re-start the VPN connection, in order to apply the change on WireGuard. Please make sure to perform a variety of "speed" tests on a level playing field.

Also, please make sure to test servers in a variety of locations around your node.

The limit of 5 ports can't be increased at the moment, we are very sorry. We are working to power up remote inbound port forwarding system in order to avert port depletion and also be able to offer a larger quantity if needed. Stay tuned and welcome aboard!

Kind regards

Thank you so much staff! I installed Eddie 24 and tried every allowed MTU but it didn't change anything. Then changed connection country to Holland and bang! boom! download jumped to 900 Mbps. Happy!
I hope that the powered up port system will give more than 5 ports to people like me who need more.
Thank you, great service

I am trialling the WireGuard client with AirVPN generated server configs on macOS. It's very fast - almost too fast. Am I missing something?

There is no obvious Network Lock comfort blanket. Is the WireGuard client / AirVPN server config as secure as using Eddie with Network lock? 

11 hours ago, sidsec said:

I am trialling the WireGuard client with AirVPN generated server configs on macOS. It's very fast - almost too fast. Am I missing something?

There is no obvious Network Lock comfort blanket. Is the WireGuard client / AirVPN server config as secure as using Eddie with Network lock?

Hello!

WireGuard on macOS still lacks a kernel module, so in an agnostic network you should not see a lot of gain from OpenVPN. However, it's also possible that your ISP shapes OpenVPN and not WireGuard, or shapes low ports but not high ports (if you connect WireGuard to port 51820 and OpenVPN to port 443, for example). Please make sure that the tunnel works properly by browsing to https://ipleak.net - when you open that page while the Mac is connected to the VPN, you must not see your "real", ISP-assigned public IP address anywhere.

Do you also see performance boost compared to Eddie connecting over WireGuard? If so, MTU could come into play. The CG generates files with MTU set to 1320 bytes (*), Eddie 2.21.8 lets WireGuard pick the default value (1420 bytes, typically), while Eddie 2.24.x defaults to 1320 bytes but lets you configure various, different MTU size in bytes (1280, 1320, 1360, 1400, wg default).

(*) You can change it by editing the configuration file with any text editor and changing the line "MTU = 1320".

Kind regards