Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.194.39
Sign in to follow this  
secretsanta

ANSWERED Binding AirVPN to Eddie

I'm not very tech savvy, so it's been difficult figuring out how to bind AirVPN to Eddie, so that if AirVPN gets turned off accidentally, my torrents on Eddie stop automatically and don't leak.  I'm using a Mac, but haven't been able to locate step by step instructions. Any one know of any?  Thank you. 

Hello!

What you can do is binding a program to a network interface. In macOS the VPN interface name is "utunx" where x is a digit. By binding the torrent program to the proper utun interface you will prevent traffic leaks outside the VPN tunnel (of the torrent program only, of course). Various torrent programs offer this feature in the settings, but probably not all of them.

To prevent traffic leaks in any case, and even for those programs that don't offer a bind option, please enable the "Network Lock" feature available on AirVPN software (Eddie macOS edition). Network Lock is a set of firewall rules which will prevent any possible traffic leak. The rules remain in place until you don't explicitly disable them or you cleanly shut down Eddie.

Kind regards