Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.147.124

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to use the .ovpn on my router, It has a VPN option on it, but nothing about using a custom config for it to run the VPN on the router itself, only options to run it on the windows devices and smart phones. Does this mean I'll have to look into a custom firmware or is it just not in the cards for this router?

vpn.png

@Killaconor

Hello!

Your router user's manual describes VPN configuration in chapter 9. https://www.manua.ls/netgear/nighthawk-cax30/manual?p=5

As far as we can see, unfortunately the router can run OpenVPN in server mode but can not be a VPN client sharing the VPN traffic with the connected devices, which is the solution you need. You can anyway connect up to 5 devices simultaneously to AirVPN servers with your account.

Kind regards

P.S. We also checked whether it's possible to flash DD-WRT or some other firmware, but it is not possible with this router according to the community, we're sorry.

I got you, my only issue was my TV that I run Stremio on and don't think I'd be able to run a VPN on that so I was looking to run it from the router itself.

15 hours ago, Killaconor said:

I got you, my only issue was my TV that I run Stremio on and don't think I'd be able to run a VPN on that so I was looking to run it from the router itself.

Hello!

Of course... In this case you could consider a future router with WireGuard and/or OpenVPN client support, such as AsusWRT routers and routers which can be flashed with Tomato, DD-WRT, MerlinWRT etc. firmware.

Kind regards