Not connected, Your IP: 54.166.200.255
Sign in to follow this  
rayzor

[SOLVED] Weird problem with uTorrent and Comodo not blocking if VPN drops.

So with the AirVPN outage, I realized that my firewall was not working properly! I have an application rule for uTorrent... TCP/UDP block everything outside 10.4.0.0 -10.9.255.255. However, uTorrent is still downloading away! I tested the rule with Firefox and it works fine. I get blocked trying to use it.. I check the Comodo logs and I see that Firefox is blocked. I also see uTorrent is being blocked, however it still downloads! What givse???

So with the AirVPN outage, I realized that my firewall was not working properly! I have an application rule for uTorrent... TCP/UDP block everything outside 10.4.0.0 -10.9.255.255. However, uTorrent is still downloading away! I tested the rule with Firefox and it works fine. I get blocked trying to use it.. I check the Comodo logs and I see that Firefox is blocked. I also see uTorrent is being blocked, however it still downloads! What givse???

Hello!

Can you please send us a screenshot of the rule which should block uTorrent?

Kind regards

attachment 2

Hello!

The application rule for uTorrent looks ok and the AirVPN Network Zone is correctly defined. Maybe uTorrent is using a proxy? Please also check that Comodo Firewall security is set to "Custom Policy".

As a side note, please check your Loopback Zone definition (it is wrong), it must be IP/Netmask [127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0] or equivalently IP range [127.0.0.0 - 127.255.255.255]

Kind regards

I think the problem was the Loopback Zone definition. I changed that and it works perfectly now.. Thanks!

I would point out that your "Home Network" Network Zone is also incorrect:

[192.168.0.0 - 255.250.255.255] must be changed to either [192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255] (IP address range) or [192.168.0.0 / 255.255.0.0] (subnet mask)

It's very important that you don't confuse subnet masks with IP address ranges.

Maybe try using Azureus if you don't wanna set up the rules properly. The new client (4.8.0.0 or so) has some force-bind features and it works great! And Vuze is open source ...

It automatically detected that I was using a VPN and bound the Application to the Tap-Adapter. Pretty cool

Maybe try using Azureus if you don't wanna set up the rules properly. The new client (4.8.0.0 or so) has some force-bind features and it works great! And Vuze is open source ...

It automatically detected that I was using a VPN and bound the Application to the Tap-Adapter. Pretty cool

Thank you so much for that hint, this is a great solution for everyone who doesn't want to use comodo and it works perfectly