Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.119.148
Sign in to follow this  
flyinryan62161

Download speeds repeatedly drop to 0

Pretty much the title. I have tried another VPN, I have restarted my device, I have restarted my router, I have changed from UDP to TCP, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Eddie. Nothing I do stops my VPN download speeds from crashing to 0 repeatedly and rendering the service useless. Please help.

@flyinryan62161

Hello!

The problem can be caused by an unstable line or an inappropriate MTU.
  1. Please make sure that your router firmware and your network interface driver are both up to date.
  2. If you connect your device to your router via WiFi try to get a stronger signal and change channel properly. If you connect via cable, please test a replacement Ethernet cable.
  3. If you connect your device to to the VPN via WireGuard test small MTU sizes, starting from 1280 bytes.
  4. If you connect via OpenVPN over UDP, try to add the mssfix 1280 directive or switch to TCP.
Should you need more specific support on points 3 and 4, please specify your Operating System name and version as well as the software you run to connect to AirVPN servers.

Kind regards