Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.230.82
Sign in to follow this  
owenfreeman

[SOLVED] "Already Connected" Message Error

+1 Can not connect because server thinks I'm connected.

"Last attempted connection failed 3h 42m 41s ago.

Reason: Already logged on 'Librae'."

"You are currently connected to Librae server, located in United States, since 1d 5h 11m 7s ago."

Bottom of the same screen shows

"Not connected.

Your current IP: xxx.xx.xxx.xx"

+1 for manual disconnect button.

Hello. I've had the service for several months on Windows 7 64 Bit, but now the VPN does not work at all with this sudden red X Message Box with "Already Connected" that occurred after the initial successful logon, and the VPN will not even work with several different configurations with the "connect without client" method and the Openvpn gui and prompt that always results in an authorization error. There is a Yellow ! Message in the "Members Area" on the Air site with.... Last attempted connection failed Reason: Already logged on 'Sirius'. I've spent a few hours attempting to find a fix with any of the pertinent info that I could locate on this forum...reinstall client, network adapter, etc., etc., so it appears this stuck "already connected" error is causing any method to get the VPN active here....just Fails. One thing I did notice on initial use today of client logon and after seeing the "successful" message, that there was No connection "info" stats showing in the Client interface like seen on there before, also with NO' disconnect button either. Any info or suggestion help will be very appreciated for this frustrating problem.

I've been having some trouble connecting to the service lately.

It's not that unusual for my to get disconnected from the server. I have a little script that watches for it and attempts to reconnect me when that happens. Usually, it only takes about 5 minutes to get reconnected.

Today, I've been disconnected for about 3 hours, and I cannot connect. When I log into the website, it tells me that I've been connected to Sirius for about 3 hours, and that my connection attempts are failing because I'm already connected.

I've rebooted my client machine a couple of times, so I know it's not connected on my end, and the IP Sirius thinks I'm coming from is my IP, so I don't think someone else is using my account. I think that Sirius simply hasn't figured out in the last 3 hours that I'm not connected.

Any ideas? Is there a way from the website to force a disconnect from the server end?

Thanks for your help,

Larry

Hello!

We're working to solve the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Thanks for the very prompt response and relieved that is not something on this end and I'll just chalk up my time spent.... "as the more we do... the more we learn" experience.

Ooops......So sorry I had not seen the issue had already been reported a few minutes before mine.

Hello!

We're working to solve the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

I am also experiencing this problem, thank you for your reply =]

You are currently connected to Orionis server, located in Netherlands, since 3m 43s ago. at the bottom it say Not connected.

Your current IP: 71######### so it says i'm connected but not etc worked great up till an hour ago

Don't know if it helps, but my connection dropped about 2h and 7m ago at the time of this post.

For whatever reason it seems to have automatically reconnected somehow back to Virginis.

I have dug around for any possible startup scripts and even disconnected my modem for awhile.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Thanks, you guys are great!

Hello!

The problem has been solved. It was related to the database. We're sorry we needed several hours to fix it and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Great news, it would also be great if we are allowed to instantly change servers instead of waiting for 5mins

Great news, it would also be great if we are allowed to instantly change servers instead of waiting for 5mins ;)

Hello!

Normally you don't have to, the above problem has been now fixed.

Kind regards

It usually takes few mins maybe up to 5 mins for me to reconnect/change servers even your webpage takes sometime to update this as well .

Even after I disconnect as it will continue to show connect for few mins

We see your connection coming from xxx.xxx.xxx:port. Note: We inevitably know it. Any reference will be deleted when the connection is closed.

Oh well its no biggie, at least the current major issue is fixed. I can tolerate 5 mins.

It usually takes few mins maybe up to 5 mins for me to reconnect/change servers even your webpage takes sometime to update this as well .

Even after I disconnect as it will continue to show connect for few mins

We see your connection coming from xxx.xxx.xxx:port. Note: We inevitably know it. Any reference will be deleted when the connection is closed.

Oh well its no biggie, at least the current major issue is fixed. I can tolerate 5 mins.

Hello!

This should NOT happen (unless the frontend is under attack, in which case it may happen for various minutes), we apologize for the inconvenience, we'll investigate. If the webpage takes some time to update, we are probably under flood/attack

Which servers and ports do you usually connect to, and which protocol (UDP/TCP) do you use?

Kind regards

I usually connect to US servers I think I tried other servers faced same thing as well. It has always been like this since I first started using this service months ago. I have been using UDP most of the time and latest OpenVPN on Windows 7 64bit fyi.

Besides this seems to be an issue for some of your other users as well. As I said few mins up to about 5 mins isn't a big deal for me. Just a heads up for you check out. I only comment on it as I never seen this happen with other vpn service.

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1722&Itemid=142#1737

To add information: I too always have to wait 5-10 minutes before I am able to connect to any server after disconnecting. Once I disconnect from a server, any attempt to connect will cause "AUTH_FAILED" message until I wait 5-10 minutes, then it will again connect. I typically use UDP port 443 but I've switched before and there was no difference.

I am not using the client, but the openvpn files imported into Ubuntu network manager. It may be that network manager is not properly closing the connection for your server to mark as disconnected. I believe I get the same result using openvpn directly, though. I'm having trouble remembering but I will test that now.

This has occurred since I first started using AirVPN. It's something I really don't like but I do like your service and your enthusiasm for what you do, so I've continued to use AirVPN regardless. I think the service would be pretty much perfect if this delay could be fixed.