Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.254.122
Tybo56

Opening ports for Synology with AirVPN and Orbi Router "Connection refused (111)

Good morning,

Here is my config: Nas Synology DS215J - Orbi RBR350 router which replaces a Bbox ( Bouygues Telecome Fiber ) - AirVPN

I want to use a VPN for the Download Station software which is on my Synology, the VPN works well on my Synology but I cannot use the port which is given by AirVPN, when I do the test it says "Connection Refused (111)"

I do not have a firewall activated on the NAS, and in my Orbi I do not see anywhere a blockage concerning the selected port

Can someone help me.

THANKS

Translate by google, I'm French

Hello!

Error 111 (connection refused) imply an active connection reset. Therefore the packets correctly reached the system connected to the VPN but they were actively refused. This event may occur when a packet filtering tool is configured to reject packets (and not dropping them silently) either globally or on a specific port, or when the operating system is configured to reset incoming connection without an end-point (in other words, when no process is "listening" to the destination port).

Therefore, assuming that the Synology device is connected directly to the VPN, please check your packet filtering tool rules and check the configuration of the listening Download Station: it must be running, listening to the correct port (check your AirVPN account port panel) and binding (if a bind option is available) either to all interfaces or to the virtual network interface used by the VPN program.

However, if it's your router the one connecting to the VPN and then sharing the connection with all the devices behind, then you must take care to forward the router port to the final destination, in this case the proper port of the LAN IP address of the Synology device.

Kind regards