Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.187.178
qwertyuiopas

Mitigate the impact of "Limit of 5 Connections Reached" overhead in Eddie

I've 5 devices connected to AirVPN at all time, and sometime my devices needed to change the server in Eddie. To do this, I have to first disconnect and then reconnect to the server I want. However, Eddie will keep retrying at the stage of "Limit of 5 Connections Reached". Most of the time it takes up to minutes to eventually passed that stage. As I understand this might be because the earlier connection of the same device is still logged in AirVPN account, thus it consequently reject any new connection, until that "ghost connection" is dropped. Is there any way to mitigate this? I have the need to frequently change server and this is a real pain to go through. However, in a vanilla wireguard (like iOS, linux) environment (without eddie), I can swiftly change server without this issue.

With the AirVPN API you can issue a disconnect using either a server name or key ID for connection identification (using neither will disconnect all sessions).
Build the curl command in the Web UI and enter it in Eddie Preferences > Events > VPN Down.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:22 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

With the AirVPN API you can issue a disconnect using either a server name or key ID for connection identification (using neither will disconnect all sessions).
Build the curl command in the Web UI and enter it in Eddie Preferences > Events > VPN Down.

Just tested today and it works wonderfully. Thank you.

I've created same post about this here, but the post is now closed and I can't comment or edit anymore. I don't know what to do so I created this new one. Mods please handle this appropriately. My old post:

I've 5 devices connected to AirVPN at all time, and sometime my devices needed to change the server in Eddie. To do this, I have to first disconnect and then reconnect to the server I want. However, Eddie will keep retrying at the stage of "Limit of 5 Connections Reached". Most of the time it takes up to minutes to eventually passed that stage. As I understand this might be because the earlier connection of the same device is still logged in AirVPN account, thus it consequently reject any new connection, until that "ghost connection" is dropped. Is there any way to mitigate this? I have the need to frequently change server and this is a real pain to go through. However, in a vanilla wireguard (like iOS, linux) environment (without eddie), I can swiftly change server without this issue.

And the suggestion from @OpenSourcerer is

However, it didn't really solved my situation where I have lockdown mode enabled. Which mean curl command can't be executed and is blocked. I don't know why it works the last time. Now that I did more tests it seems the issue remains.

@qwertyuiopas

Hello,

we think the moderator locked the thread correctly because you yourself wrote that the problem was resolved:
On 2/4/2024 at 4:08 PM, qwertyuiopas said:

Just tested today and it works wonderfully. Thank you.

Since you just wrote the opposite we have re-opened the thread and merged it with your new message, no problems.

Kind regards