Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.59.219
kbps

All UK Servers Slow Download<->Upload

6 minutes ago, kbps said:

As you can see there is no issue connecting to and using m247 infrastructure directly, but as soon as I am using the VPN connection through m247 there is congestion.  When I run a speedtest the upload chart graphic speed will start high, but then rapidly drop down to the speeds that you see in here.

Hello!

You might have a cap in UDP upload, very typical of many ISPs throughout the whole European Union, 24h/24 or during peak hours, or even unconditional upload cap for any protocol not white listed (typically they list only HTTP, HTTPS, sometimes FTP). The price of traffic routed outside the ISP local network is very different from the price of incoming traffic and activities like seeding, streaming etc. from a residential line are heavily curbed. :)  If you connect OpenVPN over TCP do you see any upload improvement?

If you connect to servers in another country with an identical connection mode, do you see higher upload speed?

Kind regards

14 minutes ago, kbps said:

As you can see there is no issue connecting to and using m247 infrastructure directly, but as soon as I am using the VPN connection through m247 there is congestion.  When I run a speedtest the upload chart graphic speed will start high, but then rapidly drop down to the speeds that you see in here.

Hello!

You might have a cap in UDP upload, very typical of many ISPs throughout the whole European Union, 24h/24 or during peak hours, or even unconditional upload cap for any protocol not white listed (typically they list only HTTP, HTTPS, sometimes FTP). The price of traffic routed outside the ISP local network is very different from the price of incoming traffic and activities like seeding, streaming etc. from a residential line are heavily curbed.

If you connect to servers in another country with an identical connection mode, do you see higher upload speed?
If you connect OpenVPN over TCP to UK servers do you see any upload improvement?

We're glad to see anyway that your download speeds are now very good.

Kind regards

On 8/25/2024 at 12:12 PM, kbps said:

Looks like the M247 issue is back again

M247 London - 759 down 4 up Ping 24

Global layer Amsterdam - 602 down 452 up Ping 11

londonm247.png

amsterdamglobal.png

I don't think that there is an upload UDP cap as you can see from here. No issues to global layer in Netherlands.

3 hours ago, Leepster said:

My issue is with with NL ping for the past 6 days too. Is M247 being throttled?

Hello!

We do not have any M247 server in the Netherlands.

Kind regards

4 hours ago, kbps said:

I don't think that there is an upload UDP cap as you can see from here. No issues to global layer in Netherlands.

Hello!

So it's a problem you experience only with UK servers, and only with upload, right? Does it happen both on London and Manchester? It is not reproducible from our sides so at the moment we have to consider that everything looks fine. Any additional hint from other users is welcome. At least the original problem "slow download" is resolved for everyone.

Kind regards

I did a quick m247 comparison.  From bottom to top. Belgium, Czech Republic, Austria, UK Manchester, UK Manchester, UK Manchester.

224970829_m247comparison.thumb.png.612547c21c662c02ff4dcd8aded6a3ef.png

As you can see anything in the UK is substantially worse than non UK.  I can only presume that it must be my ISP peering to m247 in the UK, which much use a different path when connecting to M247 outside of the UK.  However as stated much earlier in this thread, using Mullvad with their m247 servers gave no issues.  Very strange.

9 hours ago, kbps said:

using Mullvad with their m247 servers gave no issues.  Very strange.

Hello!

This is most puzzling, we'll take this into account with M247. Please perform mtr tests and let us know whether you have the same path to Air and Mullvad servers, if you have time and will.

Kind regards