Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.11.178
Staff

New 10 Gbit/s server available (US)

Recommended Posts

Hello!


We're very glad to inform you that a new 10 Gbit/s (full duplex) server located in Los Angeles (California, USA) is available: Saclateni.


Saclateni supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.3, OpenVPN tls-crypt and WireGuard.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server; if you use any other OpenVPN or WireGuard client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator"). The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP for OpenVPN and ports 1637, 47107 and 51820 UDP for WireGuard.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses and 4096 bit DH key not shared with any other VPN server.

You can check the status as usual in our real time servers monitor:
https://airvpn.org/servers/Saclateni

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

losangeles_night.thumb.jpg.6cb89275a24a30921e5937acc41870c9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Well done AirVPN!  This is much needed, especially when LA and surrounding areas are very populous, with 2 Gbps becoming common and offerings of 4 Gbps and 10 Gbps (residential fiber Internet).

Please deploy at least a couple more 10 Gbps servers, which are provider/carrier/location diverse from Saclateni.  Please have the IP with IP-geolocation actually in the LA proximity with amazing latency (4-5 ms), unlike (Alkes, Merope, and Sabik) which have IP-geolocation in Wichita, Kansas with more than doubling the latency (12ms).

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, vpntest012 said:

Well done AirVPN!  This is much needed, especially when LA and surrounding areas are very populous, with 2 Gbps becoming common and offerings of 4 Gbps and 10 Gbps (residential fiber Internet).

Please deploy at least a couple more 10 Gbps servers, which are provider/carrier/location diverse from Saclateni.  Please have the IP with IP-geolocation actually in the LA proximity with amazing latency (4-5 ms), unlike (Alkes, Merope, and Sabik) which have IP-geolocation in Wichita, Kansas with more than doubling the latency (12ms).

Thanks!


Hello!
Thank you very much.

Sabik, Merope and Alkes IP addresses are already located in Los Angeles, in the IANA / ARIN databases, so any geo-location database which reports otherwise is poorly maintained. However, we have decided (breaking news 🙂 ) that those servers will be withdrawn in early 2024 and replaced by more powerful hardware in the LA area (please follow the "News" forum in the next weeks).

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Staff said:

we have decided (breaking news 🙂 ) that those servers will be withdrawn in early 2024 and replaced by more powerful hardware in the LA area

Now we're talking....Can you consider "improving" your servers in Toronto as well?

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, Staff said:
Sabik, Merope and Alkes [...] will be withdrawn in early 2024 and replaced by more powerful hardware in the LA area (please follow the "News" forum in the next weeks).
 

Thanks for the confirmation. I saw the notes in the Eddie client and came on the site to search for info.

Will the replacement servers maintain (or is it even possible) to have the same IPs as those? Some services I use have whitelisted those IPs after a tedious back and forth which I'd love to avoid doing again. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, darckhart said:

Will the replacement servers maintain (or is it even possible) to have the same IPs as those? Some services I use have whitelisted those IPs after a tedious back and forth which I'd love to avoid doing again. 


Hello!

We're sorry, the new servers will not keep the same IP addresses.

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Staff! Wanted to check if there are any plans of spinning up a 10 Gbit server with Tier 1 providers near Florida/Georgia. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, sigmund933 said:

Hello Staff! Wanted to check if there are any plans of spinning up a 10 Gbit server with Tier 1 providers near Florida/Georgia. Thanks again.


Hello,

we're glad to inform you that we will be launching a 3 Gbit/s full duplex guaranteed (on a 10 Gbit/s port, burstable) server in North Carolina around mid-January, please stay tuned. Additional expansions in Florida and Georgia will be under discussion later on, as usual according to bandwidth demand. Meanwhile, expansion on the other side of the USA (California) is ongoing: after the recent 10 Gbit/s addition in Los Angeles, two more 3 Gbit/s servers (burstable to 10 Gbit/s) are expected in San Jose for mid-January. They will replace the current three 1 Gbit/s servers in California marked with "Imminent withdrawal".

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2024 at 5:24 AM, Staff said:

Hello,

we're glad to inform you that we will be launching a 3 Gbit/s full duplex guaranteed (on a 10 Gbit/s port, burstable) server in North Carolina around mid-January, please stay tuned. Additional expansions in Florida and Georgia will be under discussion later on, as usual according to bandwidth demand. Meanwhile, expansion on the other side of the USA (California) is ongoing: after the recent 10 Gbit/s addition in Los Angeles, two more 3 Gbit/s servers (burstable to 10 Gbit/s) are expected in San Jose for mid-January. They will replace the current three 1 Gbit/s servers in California marked with "Imminent withdrawal".

Kind regards
 
I am happy to see more location and network diversity offered by AirVPN with this provider's servers now being used.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2024 at 5:24 AM, Staff said:

Hello,

we're glad to inform you that we will be launching a 3 Gbit/s full duplex guaranteed (on a 10 Gbit/s port, burstable) server in North Carolina around mid-January, please stay tuned. Additional expansions in Florida and Georgia will be under discussion later on, as usual according to bandwidth demand. Meanwhile, expansion on the other side of the USA (California) is ongoing: after the recent 10 Gbit/s addition in Los Angeles, two more 3 Gbit/s servers (burstable to 10 Gbit/s) are expected in San Jose for mid-January. They will replace the current three 1 Gbit/s servers in California marked with "Imminent withdrawal".

Kind regards
 
This is awesome! Thanks for the hard work

Share this post


Link to post
@Staff looking at all the AirVPN 10G servers, am I reading it wrong, or is their total throughput barely double that of the 1G servers?  Is this because of OpenVPN clients high CPU utilization?

10X the bandwidth for barely 2X throughput?  Seems like a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, Staff said:
Sabik, Merope and Alkes IP addresses are already located in Los Angeles, in the IANA / ARIN databases, so any geo-location database which reports otherwise is poorly maintained. However, we have decided (breaking news 🙂 ) that those servers will be withdrawn in early 2024 and replaced by more powerful hardware in the LA area

Could you make one of the replacements Wireguard only?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ms2738 said:
@Staff looking at all the AirVPN 10G servers, am I reading it wrong, or is their total throughput barely double that of the 1G servers?  Is this because of OpenVPN clients high CPU utilization?

10X the bandwidth for barely 2X throughput?  Seems like a waste.

Hello!

The CPU of 10 Gbit/s servers does not have high load on average and the 10 Gbit/s servers have repeatedly reached more than 12 Gbit/s peak performance (6 up + 6 down). They also have quite a remarkable average, for example Haedus on weekends keeps an impressive 8 Gbit/s averaged on the 48 hours! OpenVPN surely loads the CPU, that's unavoidable, but we're topping CPU capacity only when the total amount of connected clients exceed 300, which normally should not happen: Eddie will not recommend connection to servers with approaching to limit connected clients and our areas FQDN will not resolve to those servers' IP addresses.

As a side note, consider that the 10 Gbit/s servers marked with "6000 Mbit/s" maximum bandwidth are connected to a 10 Gbit/s port but with our plan the provider guarantees 3 Gbit/s full duplex 24/7, while they are "best effort" burstable to 10 Gbit/s.

Kind regards
 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks staff! Been trying out Saclateni over the last couple weeks. Speed seems good -- My video calls on Meets or Zoom don't get blocky or dropped much. BUT I have noticed that Microsoft already does not like Saclateni. Trying to sign in to Teams or other things (like web Outlook/Office 365) will either simply time out or dump to a "we're experiencing too much traffic" page, which of course neither is true. But, for example, connecting via Teegarden makes it through fine, albeit slowly, since Teegarden seems loaded more often now.

Is there a workaround for this? ie, Brand new server to use but Microsoft already doesn't like it? (Looking forward to the new San Jose servers since those will be the next closest....)

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...