Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.108.11
Aeto

ANSWERED DNS leak when Wireguard configuration in Gluetun with qBittorrent (TrueNAS Scale)

Hello, I've been pulling my hair out over this and now gave in and am asking a question.
I have configured a Wireguard Connection to Airvpn in the Gluetun config on qBittorrent, and HTTP and UDP requests work well. However, when I do a DNS leak test, my DNS IP (or rather my home IP as I use a self hosted Pihole as DNS) is plain to see. Previously I got around this (at least with Mullvad) by using a SOCKS5 proxy ontop of the VPN. But AirVPN doesn't seem to have this feature.
Can anyone help me with this issue? 

What I have tried: I have tried the environment variables DNS_ADDRESS, DOT_PROVIDERS, and DOT_CACHING

Thanks for the help in advance 

I run TrueNAS Scale with the Truecharts version of qBittorrent v4.6.2. Gluetun runs over the add-on section built into this release of qBit.
Here is some documentation: 
https://truecharts.org/manual/SCALE/guides/vpn-setup/
https://truecharts.org/charts/stable/qbittorrent/

So, from what I gather from the Gluetun forum posts is that is behavior is expected and the Kubernetes app needs this for internal communication. 
This begs the question, is there a way to route all my traffic through an AirVPN SOCKS5. at least I can set this in the qbittorrent app, and it worked previously. 
I found that the AirVPN app has the feature, but all I need is the IP.
This feature would really make or brake the service for me right now.