Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.189.247
Sign in to follow this  

Posted ... (edited)

Hello everyone,

I have a weird problem with Eddie, I cannot connect to any server anymore. It worked for months on Windows 11 till now.

From now on :

• Eddie is set to connect at startup, but it doesn't seem to try to connect to the servers. If I click on “Connect to a recommended server”, it doesn’t do anything at all, just as if I hadn't clicked.
  • I cannot close Eddie, when I close I get the confirmation window, I click “Yes”, then  the confirmation window close, but Eddie doesn’t close. I must use the Windows task manager to quit.
  • I cannot change the settings, because if I try to change them, the setting window get stucked. I must then use the Windows task manager to quit.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, disabling my antivirus, using Malwarebyte scan, it doesn’t change anything.

I tried to delete the Eddie folder in Appdata. Then, after lauching Eddie, it ask for my login, then Eddie is stucked in neverending “Checking login”.

I tried disabling my ethernet connection in Windows network setting before launching Eddie. Of course Eddie can’t connect to the servers, but Eddie is no longer weirdly stucked and I can quit/change the settings properly. Eddie is again stucked if I launch it with internet connection.

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Logs :

. 2023.12.04 21:12:55 - Eddie version: 2.21.8 / windows_x64, System: Windows, Name: Windows 10 Home, Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22631.0, Mono/.Net: v4.0.30319

. 2023.12.04 21:12:55 - Command line arguments (1): path="home"

. 2023.12.04 21:12:55 - Raise system privileges

. 2023.12.04 21:12:57 - Reading options from C:\Users\tmth\AppData\Local\Eddie\default.profile

. 2023.12.04 21:12:57 - OpenVPN - Version: 2.5.5 - OpenSSL 1.1.1l  24 Aug 2021, LZO 2.10 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\openvpn.exe)

. 2023.12.04 21:12:57 - SSH - Version: plink 0.73 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\plink.exe)

. 2023.12.04 21:12:57 - SSL - Version: stunnel 5.56 (C:\Program Files\AirVPN\stunnel.exe)

I 2023.12.04 21:12:58 - Ready

Edited ... by Moth666

Hello!

Please try again to delete the following file. Make sure that Eddie is NOT running when you do it. Check with the Task Manager.
C:\Users\tmth\AppData\Local\Eddie\default.profile
Then re-start Eddie.

The symptoms all hint to a corrupt configuration file but if the problem persists even after you have deleted that file (Eddie rebuilds a new one with default settings if the file is not found) please consider to send a complete system report:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50663-youve-been-asked-for-a-support-filesystem-report-–-heres-what-to-do/

Kind regards

I tried to start Eddie while disconnected to internet, then reconnect while Eddie is running.

It worked, but not at first, I don't know why.

The issue seems to be solved.