Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.142.146
JebediahWolfe

ANSWERED Port Forwarding Connection Timeout Error (110)

Preface: This is my first rodeo port forwarding, so I may miss the mark whenever I relay any descriptions of the issues I'm experiencing. Many people recommended this VPN to me.

I keep coming across the Connection Timeout Error 110, and even when I use the tool for listening on the port I've forwarded, it tells me that there is a refusal to connect. I've made these changes: server change, disabling firewall+antivirus flushing DNS, restarting PC, and maybe 2 other modes of trying to fix issues along the way. My only progress I've made has been fixing connection issues to servers because of my antivirus, but it's as far as I can go.

Posted ... (edited)

Sadly, I have the same isssue but no solution.

Although only the TCP connections (IPv4 and IPv6) show as timed out. The UDP lines show no such message.

When checking 'with can you see me' they can't see me. 😕

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited ... by Voja Ten.

I have also been unable to forward TCP ports, UDP is fine. However, I need both to work unfortunately (for the purposes of hosting a server). I've tried several solutions like restarting PC, changing ports, changing servers, firewall disabling, and even trying different listener programs. 

Not very experienced with VPN services so I'm unaware if there's something more that I am missing, any information or general advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello!

We do not detect any malfunction in remote port forwarding system, which has been thoroughly tested in the last 13 years :) after all, so please open a ticket at your earliest convenience. You will be asked for more information. The current description does not allow a proper assistance, unfortunately. Side note: our port test is performed only over TCP.

Kind regards

On 12/7/2023 at 4:23 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

We do not detect any malfunction in remote port forwarding system, which has been thoroughly tested in the last 13 years :) after all, so please open a ticket at your earliest convenience. You will be asked for more information. The current description does not allow a proper assistance, unfortunately. Side note: our port test is performed only over TCP.

Kind regards

Well, this is the only description I can provide without you also allowing guidance; I'm unsure of how to describe my situation with better details without further questioning. How would I open a ticket?

6 hours ago, JebediahWolfe said:

How would I open a ticket?

Hello!

Please click "Contact us" button while your account is logged in to the web site, or write to support@airvpn.org (specify your username in this latter case).

Kind regards

On 12/6/2023 at 9:13 PM, YuNoGuy123 said:

I have also been unable to forward TCP ports, UDP is fine. However, I need both to work unfortunately (for the purposes of hosting a server). I've tried several solutions like restarting PC, changing ports, changing servers, firewall disabling, and even trying different listener programs. 

Not very experienced with VPN services so I'm unaware if there's something more that I am missing, any information or general advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Back again - For anyone who may be having the same issue ensure that whatever program you are installing has access to go through both the private and guest networks on your firewall, since Eddie will run on the guest network if you block a program from using that in your firewall then there's no way for the port to be accessed from the outside, if you've already blocked a program you can unblock it again pretty easily.

If you're on Windows 10:
- Open search and find "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" 
- Click on Inbound Rules 
- Find the program you want to allow, if it has a red X on the left of the name, then that means it's disallowed on that network profile.
- Double click on it and click "Allow the connection" and apply

If you want to run a Minecraft server then you won't find a "minecraft.exe" in this list, instead allow the Java Platform SE Binary (or OpenJDK alternative if that's what you prefer)

For any future programs simply allow for guest network when Windows asks you what you want to allow with the program.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, YuNoGuy123 said:
- Open search and find "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" 
- Click on Inbound Rules 
- Find the program you want to allow, if it has a red X on the left of the name, then that means it's disallowed on that network profile.
- Double click on it and click "Allow the connection" and apply

If you want to run a Minecraft server then you won't find a "minecraft.exe" in this list, instead allow the Java Platform SE Binary (or OpenJDK alternative if that's what you prefer)

For any future programs simply allow for guest network when Windows asks you what you want to allow with the program.
I've actually all already done this, and it keeps saying that the target machine actively refused connection and timing me out. I've disabled everything that could be an active hinderance, and even tried by disabling my fire wall entirely to try and get a gross look of the issue, but even disabling every single ounce of my security, I still couldn't make it work.

Hello!

All problems were resolved. For the readers:

• YuNoGuy problem was caused by the Windows Firewall blocking the incoming traffic of other programs his/her main listening program relied on. Check the message here for interesting and useful details: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/56970-port-forwarding-connection-timeout-error-110/?do=findComment&comment=227771
  • JebediahWolfe (original poster) problem was caused by the fact that the remotely forwarded port was disabled by the user in the control panel. All ports are enabled by default when you reserve them to your account and a new option allows you to disable them without de-allocating them. It is an option which can be useful under specific circumstances and required by some users. Always pay attention when you change settings.
  • Voja Ten. problem "disappeared by itself" from one day to another so we can't say anything about it.

Kind regards

So much for "I've got the same issue". They weren't the same at all, just causing similar symptoms.
Open your own threads, people!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.