Not connected, Your IP: 3.23.127.197

Posted ... (edited)

Is this a fake subreddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/AirVPN/
It's promoting an awful vpn i just ditched
Or maybe the administrators are sleeping and that's one spam msg? I was told the subreddit is admin'd by moderators of the official forum (this one). Have I been given a bogus info and this subreddit is just a fake pro-Nord place?

Edited ... by Staff
Removed link with ad

Posted ... (edited)
1 hour ago, Solo-M said:

Is this a fake subreddit?
It's promoting an awful vpn i just ditched
Or maybe the administrators are sleeping and that's one spam msg? I was told the subreddit is admin'd by moderators of the official forum (this one). Have I been given a bogus info and this subreddit is just a fake pro-Nord place?

The subreddit clearly says:
Unofficial subreddit for AirVPN, a privacy-centered VPN provider Edited ... by Staff
Removed link with ad

It's not an official subreddit - there isn't one.  But it is moderated by a mod from here.  I haven't seen them active lately so it's possible they're busy or away on holiday so can't moderate things.

I'm the mod in question. The subreddit is not official – and not forgotten. I track the Reddit posts via RSS and intervene within hours if necessary, as I had to just the other week when one account quite rudely violated rule 2 during the sale. Happens often. It's neither a scam nor a hoax, but the party is over here in the forums, so people are encouraged to join it.

On 11/29/2023 at 1:15 PM, go558a83nk said:

I haven't seen them active lately so it's possible they're busy or away on holiday so can't moderate things.

Mostly, it's just offline time with nice ebooks – I've been on quite the reading frenzy these past few weeks, let me tell you. You could say holiday, I guess, though I do work in between, but other than for work the computers are staying off currently. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

14 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

I'm the mod in question. The subreddit is not official – and not forgotten. I track the Reddit posts via RSS and intervene within hours if necessary, as I had to just the other week when one account quite rudely violated rule 2 during the sale. Happens often. It's neither a scam nor a hoax, but the party is over here in the forums, so people are encouraged to join it.

Odd, the Nord advertisement is still there after 16 days. Maybe it slipped through or you missed it in RSS but it's still there.

Cannot reproduce. There was a new Nord ad posted yesterday, though, which was taken care of just now.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Cannot reproduce. There was a new Nord ad posted yesterday, though, which was taken care of just now.

Burn after reading...

How strange... I still see this and I emptied browser cache. Message by One-Pin-6926 very visible in r/AirVPN near the top for 19 days.

Reproduced with anonymous access. Went into the spam messages and it actually was there. Removed, should no longer be visible now.

Thank you for the report.