Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.197.164
SurchargeNavigate

ANSWERED Through which IP does my traffic egress?

Hello,

I was wondering, if I connect to one of AirVPN servers, and as an example, that server has the IP: 2.2.2.2
My IP, again as an example, is 1.1.1.1

In my Wireguard client, when I'm connected to 2.2.2.2, and when I'm browsing the internet,
If I were to connect to google.com, would it record 2.2.2.2 in it's logs, or would it be a different IP?

My question, is the VPN IP I'm connecting to, and the VPN IP that's actually forwarding my requests, the same one?

1 hour ago, SurchargeNavigate said:

My question, is the VPN IP I'm connecting to, and the VPN IP that's actually forwarding my requests, the same one?

Hello!

They are different. Your system connects to an entry-IP address and then you exit on the Internet with a different IP address. It is a very important feature which prevents various and dangerous correlation attacks which would reveal (to an attacker) your real IP address (even with Network Lock on).

Kind regards

To add... To see the exit IP, connect to the server in question and visit ipleak.net.

Separating entry and exit IPs like this is a nice touch that I have not seen on other VPN systems.  Air is particularly strong at attention to detail at this kind of level.  It shows that they really care about having a strong system, unlike so many VPN companies that seem only interested in their marketing and sales numbers. We who have been with Air for years can barely conceive of internet life without them.  (That'll be two cents, please!)