Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.126.74
Moomoomoo

Please help me comprehend using Eddie client on Android

• Protocol: Wireguard
  • Android: 14 (Build #: UP1A.231005.007)
  • Eddie client: v3.0 (VC30)

It seems that I do not comprehend the Android implementation of VPN w/ Eddie app. Under Android's Network> VPN settings, I have enabled ALWAYS ON for the Eddie AirVPN client. However, it always disconnects after not very long and doesn't appear to even attempt to reconnect. In the AirVPN settings, I have it set to retry connection when disconnected with infinite retries. I don't understand what needs enabled/disabled in either the Android VPN settings or within the Eddie app. When this happens, if I click any server to connect manually or use the automatic button it connects without any issue.

Furthermore, when connected via the Eddie VPN I am unable to access local file shares (using Solid Explorer) despite having the setting in Eddie: "Exclude Local Networks from the VPN" enabled.

image.png.176e435e0bbb6e9bb279c01ccd857452.png

image.png.2bfa5d8e18497aaa5a35cfdd430a38a2.png

Hello!

Maybe you have "VPN Lock" enabled in Eddie's settings, please check. "VPN Lock" would prevent any possible re-connection, but it's disabled by default as it is useful to prevent leaks in Android 7 and older versions, and in Android TV, where "Always on VPN" and "Block connections without VPN" are not available. Also feel free to send a log in a ticket. In the "Settings" view tap the paper plane icon, take note of the URL that Eddie gives you back (you can copy it in the clipboard) and send the link to the support team.

Kind regards