Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.137.164
BKK20

Eddie Android - restrict for one service

I just want to use Eddie for e.g. Netflix (other apps should run w/o VPN) on Android Fire Stick and I've heard it's possible to configure it in the settings. But I can't find any settings. Any idea? 

In Preferences > System, set Application filter type to Whitelist, then select the Netflix app in Applications to be Whitelisted.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I mean only netflix should use Eddie. Do I really have to whitelist netflix?

Maybe it's the other way around. The wording seems ambiguous: Does blacklisting mean to deny apps access to the VPN so that they use the clearnet, or does it mean that blacklisted apps are "evil" and must be forced through the VPN while the others use clearnet?
On the Eddie for Android page, this feature description suggests white = inside and black = outside. But it's suggested, not cleared up.

Option to define which apps must have traffic inside or outside the VPN tunnel through white and black list

Hello!

Eddie Android edition adopts the Identical convention by "OpenVPN for Android" and other apps.

Black list enabled: all traffic inside the VPN tunnel except the traffic of the black listed applications which goes outside the tunnel.
White list enabled: all traffic outside the VPN tunnel except the traffic of the white listed applications which goes inside the tunnel.

Identical meaning for WireGuard, of course.

Kind regards

This should be cleared up somewhere, but especially in the app itself. The description of Apps to be whitelisted should be something like "Select apps which should go inside the tunnel", and of Apps to be blacklisted "Select apps which should go outside the tunnel".

3 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

This should be cleared up somewhere, but especially in the app itself. The description of Apps to be whitelisted should be something like "Select apps which should go inside the tunnel", and of Apps to be blacklisted "Select apps which should go outside the tunnel".

Yes this sounds much clearer. No room for misunderstanding when expressed like this.