Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.144.32
Sign in to follow this  
MusicPeek

Airvpn needs to improve ''related to censorship''

I read on the internet and learned that ssl and ssh can be blocked. I also saw an article on China and Russia Reddit. In the reddit thread in Russia, we use v2ray and they say there is no blocking. I personally learned from YouTube that Twitter and Instagram use sockshadow in China.
Airvpn users can easily use them if they travel to Russia and China. I have a question for airvpn admins and moderators. I wanted to know why V2ray and sockshadow were not considered. Is there a security weakness?

Hello!

We're not aware of any security concern as they are layers "on top" of well tested tunnels without known vulnerabilities. Currently Russia and China users can access AirVPN, however should the need arise we strongly recommend Tor with private bridges with various pluggable transports. We have invested a lot on Tor infrastructure (see our mission), including support for an important amount of worldwide Tor exit nodes traffic, and Tor is free for everybody. No matter the obfuscation technique employed, a country or ISP can block any VPN service (and other services operated by small or average sized companies) by harvesting and blocking its servers IP addresses, a task which, on the contrary, becomes quite difficult with Tor, where volunteers all around the world set up private Tor bridges every day.
https://bridges.torproject.org/

Kind regards