Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.27.155
itzik_gerbi

Question about DoubleVPN

If I have 2 VPN providers and I connect with each one separately it is considered the best encryption because it is a different entity but if I connect from the same provider for example and buy 2 separate accounts from it is it also better than one account with DOUBLE VPN?
I hope you understood me 🙄

Heartfelt recommendation: Do not use such a setup. You've already got "best encryption" with one single VPN connection through which traffic cannot be matched to a specific account.
If you really need multihop, please use Tor.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

Sorry for the question but why client like me who use your vpn for internet emails etc...  need it at all ? if I don't use torrents and streaming? i can use TOR for free Right ?

Edited ... by itzik_gerbi

Hello!

Tor is free for everyone and we strongly encourage to use and support it. AirVPN has supported Tor since 2010, and TorProject multiple times in the last 8 years. Currently AirVPN provides a valuable support to 4% of the Tor exit nodes worldwide traffic in Quintex Alliance Consulting datacenters, which is a remarkable amount if you think of AirVPN size. AirVPN also offers the ability with a few clicks to build tunnels over OpenVPN over Tor which are a starting point to add further anonymity layers. Or you can simply connect to Tor after you have connected to our VPN servers for a paramount anonymity layer enhancement.

Tor however does not support UDP, so all UDP based applications are cut out, and p2p is very problematic on the Tor network. Furthermore, if you need a quick inbound remote port forwarding to bypass your ISP NAT or just have some privacy for a service of yours which must be reachable from the Internet, with Tor you would need to setup an entire onion service which will be accessible only from Tor network, while with AirVPN it's a matter of a few clicks. That's when AirVPN comes into play. In the mentioned cases AirVPN becomes handy or even irreplaceable, just think how more and more VPN services have suddenly dropped the, sometimes vital, remote port forwarding support. We just ask as a courtesy not to run Tor exit nodes behind VPN servers for obvious reasons.

On the other hand no VPN can provide something on par with Tor anonymity layer and the synergy between Tor and AirVPN is probably the "way to go", as some of our old customers told us recently. As @OpenSourcerer replied to your question, in general you should rely on Tor for multi-hopping and to strengthen the anonymity layer, and not on chaining VPN servers, in most threat models. Chaining VPN servers is usually too weak to be a suitable solution for any threat model except maybe those which foresee a very trivial adversary. Multi-hopping on different VPNs could even (paradoxically) LOWER your anonymity layer as you need to keep different subscriptions, different accesses, and any mistake can be exploited to add correlations.

You could even double-hop with AirVPN servers with quick virtualization, or triple-hop with virtualization and a router, as any account can establish multiple concurrent connections, but we're the first to strongly deprecate this behavior for all the mentioned reasons.

Remember that when you support monetarily AirVPN (i.e you don't use it only with the free access), you support Tor network too.

Kind regards