Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.34.146
Andrew109

ANSWERED Does AirVPN run on RAM servers?

Posted ... (edited)

I was wondering if AirVPN runs on RAM servers like some other providers.

Another thing I was interested in if there is a warrant canary and if the company would ever hand over logs for any reason? I know for example some companies they say 'No logs' but if it is at their descretion they will hand over logs or a gag order.

Edited ... by Andrew109

13 hours ago, SurprisedItWorks said:

Logs?  You can't hand over what you don't have.  See the Air Privacy Policy.
https://airvpn.org/privacy/

True, I understand that but some providers say something like this even though they say 'No logging' for example CactusVPN:

image.png.5fcf3dbf35d02ce210e32d6ad60f6d10.png
image.png.84114916ac2c037b6d2345d00a512060.png

Posted ... (edited)

I don't get why people are ignoring the question? His main question is not about the no logging policy, it's about if AirVPN uses RAM drives.

To answer your question, OP; while AirVPN has never been audited to my knowledge, they have stated that they do use RAM drives according to them on this forum.

Edited ... by returnofblank

On 7/31/2023 at 7:29 AM, zb/XSZHHyd$HM'<z'oc"vc]T(O said:

Warrant Canaries are snake oil. Do you really think that a state would go "Oh well, you got us there, mate." instead of forcing you to refresh the canary or punishing you in the same way as if you had simply written that you received a court order?

Two things... most of the time law enforcement wouldn't even be aware of the existence of a canary.  Remember they're investigating a customer of a VPN provider, not the provider themselves.

More importantly, while they might be able to prevent an ISP from announcing the existence of an investigation, it's very unlikely they could compel a provider to do something like update a canary.

@ms2738

On AirVPN, ads blocking features and much more were implemented in 2021, go figure what level of corruption and inaccuracy these infamous "reviews" sites have reached...
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/49876-new-feature-dns-block-lists/

Avoid to link them here, it's just advertising them and the usual VPN they get money and bribes from. Also consider that many "review" sites belong to editorial groups which in turn belong to Kape, which in turn owns Express, PIA, Cyberghost and ZenMate:
https://embed.kumu.io/9ced55e897e74fd807be51990b26b415#vpn-company-relationships/kape-vpns

In particular, that's exactly the case of what you linked: the web site you linked belongs to Kape. AirVPN is one of the very very few independent VPNs which still experience periods of explosive growth, so it's obvious that we are targeted and defamed. Add on top of this that we refuse to pay ransoms to lift or delete bad reviews, or to pay for reviews altogether, and you have the picture.

By the way, in the face of scullions, corrupt scoundrels and the mentioned picture, AirVPN thrives.

Kind regards