Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.42.94
JonathanM

Oceania - More servers/bandwidth for the region

Hi AirVPN,

Would just like to advocate for more servers/bandwidth to be made available for the Oceania region.
Be it more servers in New Zealand, or branch out and add Australian servers.

The one server the region has is often running at or above it's rated capacity, resulting in significant degraded performance for users using the Oceania region.

Thanks for your consideration.

The last couple of days the New Zealand server is disconnecting constantly. I agree with the above request. A few servers in Australia and or New Zealand would be highly appreciated.

9 hours ago, Inklingsquid said:

They put a bit too much of resource on Netherlands and Canada, things seems unbalance (Geographical wise)

I don't think that is the case.  I know when the Sydney server was up briefly, there was less than 5 people using it at the time, definitely no more than 10 when I was checking - and I believe was removed because server costs in Australia are stupid expensive.  

NZ seemed to start slow, and now It is regularly 100+ users and 60%+ full generally speaking.  I don't think that was predictable on AirVPN's side, but I would hope now that it is regularly really full, that maybe we can get another server in NZ to share the load a little.

Hi AirVPN,

It's understandable why it's not viable to operate in Australia.
But the fact your considering options on expanding your footprint in NZ is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards
Jonathan

On 10/1/2023 at 11:45 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

Unfortunately we will not operate in Australia because of the infamous anti-encryption law, we're sorry, but yes, we are going to seriously consider more bandwidth in New Zealand.

Kind regards

I'd go beyond suggesting "considering" additional servers in New Zealand, to actually acting on in imminently.

It's not difficult to see that September 2023 saw a practically immediate double of sessions from say 75/day to 150/day (rough guesstimates...), with (again rough guesstimates), traffic on this single server going from October 22 to June23 at 200Mbit/s historically consistently, climbing to say, a consistent 700Mbit/s today.

I do appreciate Eastern Aus is a difficult customer base to serve the strict philosophical confines that AirVPN holds admirably, but an additional New Zealand server with an existing contracted host is an easier solution than say, a new Hawaii/Fiji/New Caledonia/Papua New Guinea server contract which won't be a low ping solution customers look for to ensure connection and speed reliability, nor have the hosting market to compete and provide the BW+Service costs lower than NZ, which is probably extortionate (vs Rest of World) anyway.

Capture.PNG

On 10/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, Staff said:

Hello!

yes, we are going to seriously consider more bandwidth in New Zealand.

Kind regards

Hello!

It took some more time to finalize an agreement, but now we can confirm that a 2nd server in New Zealand is imminent. Now it's up to the datacenter to connect it (a few business days might be needed), then we will test it and finally we will make it public. We have picked another datacenter for failover purposes, in due time let us know how it works. Follow the "News" forum or the "Status" page to see when the server is operational (we hope end of next week).

Kind regards

Hi AirVpn,

Thank you very much for organizing more capacity.
Look forward to it being brought online.

Regards
Jonathan

On 10/27/2023 at 8:07 PM, Staff said:

Hello!

It took some more time to finalize an agreement, but now we can confirm that a 2nd server in New Zealand is imminent. Now it's up to the datacenter to connect it (a few business days might be needed), then we will test it and finally we will make it public. We have picked another datacenter for failover purposes, in due time let us know how it works. Follow the "News" forum or the "Status" page to see when the server is operational (we hope end of next week).

Kind regards

Any updates in regards to this new server?

7 hours ago, tatejuan said:

Any updates in regards to this new server?

Hello!

We're sorry, we have a delay due to a clause of the contract we are not comfortable with. If the matter can not be resolved, we can anyway rely on our current provider in NZ. Please stay tuned, in one way or another we definitely need to add bandwidth in NZ, and soon.

Kind regards

Hi AirVPN,

Been a few weeks and haven't seen an update (sorry if I missed the announcement).

Just wanted to touch base and get an update on what's been happening.

Thanks again for your time.
Regards
Jonathan

On 11/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, JonathanM said:

Hi AirVPN,

Been a few weeks and haven't seen an update (sorry if I missed the announcement).

Just wanted to touch base and get an update on what's been happening.

Thanks again for your time.
Regards
Jonathan

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that we have an agreement and we are going to configure the new server. When the configuration is complete, we just need a day or two to test and then the server will be available.

Kind regards