Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.100.173
Chained

Ubuntu + Network Loss + Eddie Crash = Stuck

So my internet died, not that uncommon a thing, the internet sucks here.  Strangely it seems Eddie took a particular dislike to this and crashed.  I couldn't reload it but it appears that the network lock was stuck on.  I figured a reboot would fix everything and now it's dramatically worse.  It fails to even load the GUI for Ubuntu now and I had to CTRL + ALT + F4 to get to command prompt but have no idea how to remove the Eddie network lock from this point.  Is there a command line command to remove the network lock so I can load into the GUI again?

Running the latest Eddie and Ubuntu 22.04.2

Hello!

We seriously doubt that the problem is caused by Network Lock because Network Lock is a set of non-permanent firewall rules which are lost when you reboot the system. Anyway, the answer to your question is:

sudo nft flush ruleset 
(provided that Ubuntu 22.04 is based on nftables).

Please check your DNS settings as well, as those are indeed permanently set by Eddie and maybe the previous DNS settings were not restored if Eddie did not exit cleanly. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to open a ticket.

By the way, we rule out that the failure to load X and/or a Desktop Environment is related to Eddie. Some other problem is apparently ongoing.

Kind regards