Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.238.20
vOsgZC7

How to get the cryptos to pay with crypto?

Hello community, this might be a stupid question for the majority of experienced users, but I want to find some guidance about it.
I keep reading/hearing/being suggested to pay with cryptocurrency for the AirVPN service instead of using credit card. And that makes total sense (kind of).
However, I would like to ask: how do I get crypto to pay for the service?
If I have to register to an exchanger like KuCoin, and then make KYC to buy some cryptos, wouldn't I still be adding more traces to the "privacy" that cryptocurrency is supposed to provide?
I mean, I expose my data to a third party, then get the cryptos from them, and use those cryptos to pay for AirVPN, adding another layer of KYC that would link my KuCoin account/wallet addresses to AirVPN's wallet addresses. Which, in the end, is the same as what PayPal or Stripe do, right?
Besides, if AirVPN keeps no logs, should I care for those third party services knowing that I paid for a VPN, as long as I live in a country that does not criminalize VPNs?

Am I misunderstanding/missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Our first suggestion is accepting BTC for your service or goods, in the small amount needed to buy an AirVPN plan, or according to your preferences,  with your "own wallet" (i.e. you, and no third party entity, have the keys of your coins). Then you can buy an AirVPN plan. Since payments are accepted directly without any intermediary, you will bypass all the useless layers you mention.

Kind regards

You are right, just to have crypto for buying at Air makes no sense. Unless you plan to use crypto further I would do as follows: buy a certificate with a prepaid CrerditCard (if avail), and redeem it under a different account name.

If you go the crypto route you need a working a mobile (logical), a (crypto-)wallet (like Electrum), an ATM close by to buy bitcoins with Cash using your installed wallet as receiver. Best choice in general are non-custodial wallets(like Electrum) meaning you own the coins completly. There are other options beyond the scope of what you probably want at this point.

Hope that helps a bit :-) ...

4 hours ago, win8 said:

buy a certificate with a prepaid CrerditCard (if avail), and redeem it under a different account name.

I don't think this is possible anymore in the United States.

Vanilla Gift Cards (which is the card you want if you don't want to associate an ID with your purchase), can't be used for purchases outside of the US. PayPal, however, can bypass this restriction since they automatically do currency conversion. Stripe and Amazon Pay will try to charge your card in Euros, so transactions attempted through them will fail. This makes PayPal the only payment processor that can process Vanilla cards.

I tried to use a Vanilla card to extend my subscription 3 months ago (March 2023) through PayPal, but every time they would show some generic error message, then send an email that said I was no longer allowed to use PayPal. I was using the guest checkout option. Maybe it'll work when purchased through an account, but then you're no longer anonymous.

At this point cryptocurrency might be the only option if you want to stay anonymous in the United States.

4 hours ago, win8 said:

an ATM close by to buy bitcoins with Cash

When I browse CoinATMRadar for crypto ATMs near me, they all conveniently have fee reporting disabled. This leads me to believe the fees they charge are too high, and they know it. Because after all, if the fees are reasonable, you'd think they would want to advertise that :) .