Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.125.2
Sign in to follow this  
niemand

Automatic connection with server won't work

Hi,
I have been using airvpn with Eddie and LInux for some years now, and have never experienced the current problem:

My system is KDE Neon 5.27.
I tried Eddie 2.21.8 (the latest stable version) and also the older one, 2.21.6
The symptoms are the same.

I configured automatic network lock after startup of Eddie, but tried disabling network lock and then connecting, which didn't change anything, either.

The thing is, when I click on "connect to a recommended server", it keeps doing the latency tests and always hangs when it is around 30 or so remaining. Then nothing happens anymore.
Screenshot_20230415_132740.thumb.png.b6f08f4673b3ba5ea0b5890f610d2d8c.png
So to connect, I have to select an individual server, and here the connection works just find, pretty fast.

But even so, the connection gets lost after some time (maybe half an hour to an hour) and then it won't reconnect anymore. I am not sure if this is related or absolutely normal behaviour, as I usually always do "connect to a recommended server", and in that case automatically reconnects, anyway. But my feeling is that in the past, I would often stay on the same server for hours without a problem, so I have this hunch that this relatively early losing of the connection is not expected behaviour.

I had the same KDE Neon setup with Eddie on an older computer and used it until a few days ago without a problem. Then I switched to the new box. Of course, the system is slightly different because of some updates it received, but there is not much of a difference, which is why I am surprised that I am having these problems right now.

Any ideas?

Hello!

The first problem is caused by a bug. In some cases Eddie enters a race condition and remains stuck during the latency tests. This bug has been fixed in Eddie 2.22.2 which you can get from the usual Linux download page https://airvpn.org/linux/eddie/ by clicking "Switch to experimental".

The stability problem must be investigated. Do you experience the issue both with WireGuard and OpenVPN? Please feel free to provide a system report and/or open a ticket to get support from the dedicated tech support personnel. How to generate and send us a system report:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50663-youve-been-asked-for-a-support-filesystem-report-%E2%80%93-heres-what-to-do/

Kind regards