Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.185.180
Strongduck

Is port forwarding a privacy issue for the account?

Hello,

I thought about privacy regarding the port forwarding.

Isn‘t it possible for an authorized organization to request information about the account using port 65123? 

If the account was payed with a non anonymous payment method like PayPal: game over. The email address used for airvpn should the pretty much irrelevant in this case.

tldr: iI you plan to use bittorrent, only use crypto as payment method.

@Strongduck

In 13 years we have never received a single court order pertaining to copyright infringements, but you're right you never know (fingers crossed!). We accept Bitcoin for example since so many years ago...

Even the data ("complaints") that we sometimes receive about alleged infringements on "p2p networks" are quite weak and technically questionable, and it's hard they hold in a court... not to mention that a magistrate in several cases would not even serve a decree to freeze and disclose personal data on the basis of file sharing upon a private request based on the scarce/weak information we see on the complaints.

Kind regards

After my post I discovered this post on Reddit: 

So in theory it is possible. But it seems that it doesn‘t happen.

Also it could be plausible deniable that one account used a specific port in the past.

A port number is way too variable to base judgement on. Any user can change it just like that and that voids any collected evidence about it. Besides, there are only 65000 ports, but many, many more clients, some of which will share a given port. This is a dangerous ambiguity for investigations.

Also, if you somehow find out it's AirVPN's IP address, and the fact people can forward ports here linked to their accounts, when one does ask "who forwarded port X", you get an account name. If you follow up with "give me all info on that aqcount", we get into muddy waters where mail addresses are involved which can or cannot be valid around here. Not taking into account whether such a question may actually be asked, suppose you get that info, next would be the mail provider. At this point at the latest you might be crossing country borders, turning investigations into money and time sinks. All that because you downloaded a movie? I don't think it's feasible at all.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

7 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

A port number is way too variable to base judgement on. Any user can change it just like that and that voids any collected evidence about it. ...

Hopefully AirVPN does not record the time when a port was reserved by the user. Any request for information would have to come days or weeks after the use of that port was observed. The question they asked would have to say when they saw the port being used. If AirVPN does not record the  time when the port was reserved, then it seems to me that they in honesty could not answer the question. And they could just explain that to the inquirer.