Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.22.107
bidasci

Why are the VPN speeds (no matter what server I connect to) is so borderline slow?

I have been using AirVPN as my main VPN provider for some time now and recently it has been so fucking slow to the point it's better to not use a VPN. 
msedge_20230301_MSAl7GgwF3.png.ea4faf0db5e28abecf4e5b5831af8898.png
This is my main internet speed, with 108 MB download and 7 MB upload, which can handle pretty much everything I do online. I do not notice any lag, slow downloads, etc, but when connected to a AirVPN server...
msedge_20230301_qftvJztsRF.png.1e52a092f74355c98e0c643e25710e67.png
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can see what the problem is. The download AND upload speed is now slowed to a crawl. I bet even using dial up would be better than this (at least with dial up the pages will load properly) and nothing works. Watching videos? Movies? Hell even torrenting? Good luck.

[ADVERTISEMENT REMOVED]

@bidasci

Use a proper language and don't be aggressive. You might use that language with your family, if they allow you to do so, but surely not with us and our community so get a grip of yourself right now. Open a ticket and the support team will assist you. Check the real time servers monitor to get convinced that the problem may very well be on your side. Acknowledging this simple fact is the first step to work to resolve your own problem with our assistance. Last but not least, advertising other VPNs in this way is severely forbidden, so the ad has been removed. Do not post other ads or you will be banned from the forum.

Screenshot_20230320_114650.png.e252b7028c00e92b0d11a7cc44e35503.png

Kind regards

None of my business, really, but as a member of the community who has used AirVPN daily for years and who has family and friends who have as well, and who is an engineer with decades of experience solving technical problems, I'm just going to interject that I am also offended by the OP's attitude that if something is wrong, surely it must be because someone is trying to cheat him.

Super poor vpn performance across many of a providers' servers is actually not indicative of a "bad vpn" (go stand in the corner!), but the technical settings in the software that will work for your situation can depend on many things, even the particulars of your ISP's service. Set the MTU too high for a particular ISP's network, for example, and you can bring any VPN system to its knees, not because the VPN server is slow — it isn't — but because the network between you and that server is not getting packets to the server efficiently. In that situation it's like it can't run or even walk because it's tripping over its own feet with every step. Is that the fault of the destination?

Networks are complicated. It's the reality and a lot of crazy things can bog them down. Air has a really fast VPN system, and they have the best technical support I have ever seen. Work with them on sorting out what's going wrong in your particular situation and killing most of your speed, and do it without the insults. This is almost certainly something that can be cured with an easy adjustment at your end, once the problem is identified.