Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.95.65

I’ve been using WireGuard and received a notification that I have a p2p notification for downloading Intellectual Property! I have never had a issue using EDDIE…Now with this WireGuard I have opened my account up to unsafe and unreliable VPN services…Help!

@geno5

Hello!

If the notice is authentic, you must have suffered a traffic leak outside the VPN tunnel, so you must have had "Network Lock" feature disabled.. Please make sure you have Network Lock enabled. It will prevent any possible traffic leak outside the VPN tunnel, even leaks caused by misconfiguration of any program and unexpected VPN disconnection. It will prevent leaks even in case Eddie or OpenVPN or WireGuard suffer a crash (it is as reliable as your system packet filtering tool is, nothing to share with obsolete and unreliable kill switches).

Network Lock, as you know from the welcome e-mail, the guide for beginners, the FAQ answers, the general recommendations on the How-To forum, is a set of firewall rules, therefore it works properly regardless of the underlying VPN protocol (OpenVPN, WireGuard). It can be activated from Eddie's main window before you start a connection (and you can tell Eddie to activate it automatically when it starts). It is also active by default in the Eddie Android edition app and on the AirVPN Suite.

To optimize your torrent software performance and make sure that it is not misconfigured you can follow this guide: https://airvpn.org/faq/p2p/

Kind regards