Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.72.86
govegan3

I can't watch videos on Amazon Prime while Eddie is connected to AirVPN

It's not an Air thing. Amazon, like nearly all streaming companies, will block streaming to users coming from known VPN servers. I've seen the same thing when using (before I abandoned an inferior service) a big-name, high-advertising VPN firm. 

Many VPN services attempt workarounds (including Air), but for the big ones like US Netflix and Amazon, it rarely works for long, as the streaming firms will quickly attempt to block the workarounds. A lot of VPN firms (wonder if any start with N?) will simply have their many captive VPN review sites publish false claims (my opinion, YMMV) that their VPN unblocks Netflix or whatever. New subscribers, problem solved!

The streaming services are not even the ones ultimately at fault. Their contracts with content providers generally require them to allow only viewers in a specific geographical area, and they can't know your area when on a VPN. so blocked you must be.

A data point: On US Netflix you can stream Netflix-produced material through Air. I'm doing it now. No licensing issue, you see. 

Thank you for the description of the situation.

I saw some links about how to solve this problem and they all stated to switch VPN providers.

Good to know that isn't worth the time.

Thank you.

FWIW, Air does apparently apply some DNS-system cleverness to attempts from outside the US to reach netflix via non-US Air servers, so that users are automatically routed to US netflix via US proxy sites that are changed often enough to be a challenge to netflix to block.  Find the details elsewhere in the forum or on the Air website, as I am not dependable on this topic, as it's never affected me personally.  My memory can be erratic for such things.  Or maybe a knowledgeable reader will step in with more.

@SurprisedItWorks

Hello,

that's correct. According to recent reports, Netflix USA allows streaming through our servers only of those contents of Netflix exclusive property, even when the user who tries to access such content is a USA citizen.. The other contents are perhaps too problematic (because of the copyright mafia, one might argue) to allow access from dedicated servers (or IP addresses not assigned to USA residential ISPs), even when such access is performed by a citizen living in the USA.

Kind regards

To bring this thread back to the original topic, my problem wasn't with Netflix.

The problem is that I can't have AirVPN turned on and watch Amazon Prime videos at the same time. 🙂

Sure, I get that, and I'm sure staff does also.  Just figured an example would be good of what can sometimes be done for a specific streaming service, with emphasis on sometimes, just for the general educational benefit of readers, as that's why a public forum can be better than a private help service.

I'm certainly not aware than anything works for Amazon Prime though.  I've tried via US AirVPN servers, and I'm always blocked.  Sorry to be the bearer of news that no one wants to hear.