Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.187.121
DZ-015

ANSWERED connection issues after an update

Hi,

I am having a problem with AirVPN after updating Manjaro. Since the last large update, AirVPN has the "Checking route IPv4" hanging issue. I have disabled "Check if tunnel works" (as was recommended in threads on the IPv4 stalling issue), and the client then connects, however I am seeing weird connection issues:

• web browsing: 99% of the time I get "[website] took too long to respond" and everything hangs. occasionally a text-based page would load, for example a google search results page. some pages start to load with basic text, but fail to load anything more complex.
  • torrents: a little slow, but work
  • text rss feeds are also a little slow, but work reliably
  • telegram: text works, however images take forever to download, and fail in 80% of the time. however file transfers seem to be ok.

What I have tried so far:

• a few different servers - no difference
  • switching between the AirVPN DNS and 8.8.8.8 - no difference.
  • playing with different combinations of IPv4 and IPv6 options - no difference.
  • importing an AirVPN profile into OpenVPN and connecting through that - the connection appears successful, however the problems with web browsing remain.
  • In the hopes of returning back to a working state I downgraded back all the Manjaro packages (166 of them) since this issue started, however the issue persists. 

I tried searching if anyone has similar issues and only found the "checking route ipv4" problem, but the solutions given there seemed to fix their problems, whereas they don't mine. If someone can point me in some direction as to what this could be related to, I would be very grateful. Let me know if there are some logs I need to post, or more info I could give.

Thanks a lot!

@DZ-015

Hello!

Please test a connection via WireGuard as well as a connection on OpenVPN, protocol TCP, port 443, entry-IP address three, and check whether one of those connection modes resolves the issue. You can change connection mode in the following way:
  • from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select the line describing one of the aforementioned modes. The line will be highlighted
  • click "Save" and test again connections
If the problem persists, please open a ticket and include a system report https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50663-youve-been-asked-for-a-support-filesystem-report-–-heres-what-to-do/

Kind regards

Hi,

Both the wireguard and the openvpn tcp port 443 ip 3 solutions worked!

Thanks a lot!!