Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.100.34
Sign in to follow this  
1earthlove

How2GetTor-2AirVpn-over-Tor;Help!

:S I'm a non-technical user and a newb- to VPNs. My goal is this: I'd like my isp to see only encryption to Tor- the vpnserver to see the tor-exit - and sites that discriminate against Tor to only see the airvpn-server-ip. Please - help me - to use Tor to reach an Airvpn server and thus circumvent discrimination against Tor-use. I've just read several times that I cannot use a browser configured for Tor: I get that. I have asked at least seven times in the last 90 hours specifically how to get Tor onto my ubuntu-lucid system in a way that is required to achieve my goal. Would someone have compassion enough to help me?

I have NO Tor - without the Tor-browser-bundle that I am using at this very moment - AND I cannot figure out how to GET Tor With NO BROWSER from their website, as they REMOVED the instructions from their static website pages that I used successfully, for a stand-alone Mac-osx Tor-client, from 2008 through 2011. Now I use Ubuntu-lucid, on an antique computer, instead of mac-osx on an apple [an apple that rotted prematurely.] I have NO TOR on my computer. My computer has No hard drive - and I use ONLY a live-ubuntu-lucid-usb-stick... Can you answer my main question with some instructions or possibly a link to some tutorial for beginners that I clearly have not found in dozens of hours of searching? Here is my eighth attempt at getting this question answered, so I'll phrase it more than one way:

My main question is: HOW can I GET Tor - to USE Tor - in a way that allows me to reach the AirVPN servers and, thus, achieve my goal? Please Help me - HOW do I GET Tor AND USE Tor?

How can I get - and then use - Tor? Without the Tor-browser, I actually halve NO Tor. perhaps I can use Vidalia from the bundle - but use it wth the vanilla-firefox - do you know? ? ? Can you help me?

:S I'm a non-technical user and a newb- to VPNs. My goal is this: I'd like my isp to see only encryption to Tor- the vpnserver to see the tor-exit - and sites that discriminate against Tor to only see the airvpn-server-ip. Please - help me - to use Tor to reach an Airvpn server and thus circumvent discrimination against Tor-use. I've just read several times that I cannot use a browser configured for Tor: I get that. I have asked at least seven times in the last 90 hours specifically how to get Tor onto my ubuntu-lucid system in a way that is required to achieve my goal. :( Would someone have compassion enough to help me?

How can I get - and then use - Tor? Without the Tor-browser, I actually halve NO Tor. perhaps I can use Vidalia from the bundle - but use it wth the vanilla-firefox - do you know? ? ? Can you help me?

Hello!

You can find here the TOR Browser Bundle in the TOR Project website. It requires no installation (just decompress it), so it should be perfect for you, especially if Ubuntu-lucid is on a pen drive. Direct link:

https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Once you have it, your goal can be achieved with connections over OpenVPN over TOR. Instructions are available here:

https://airvpn.org/tor

Kind regards

Thank You - Please help me. I appreciate your time. Could you - please - I beg of you - re-read my plea for help? My goal is this: I'd like my isp to see only encryption to Tor- the vpnserver to see the tor-exit - and sites that discriminate against Tor to only see the airvpn-server-ip.

I Already Have the Tor-browser - and I am using it at this very moment - AND I'm connected to an AirVpn server - at this moment - BUT THE OPPOSITE way of my goal. May I get help from you - please - without this being posted publicly? If so, you will understand why I am asking. I have been told that my tor-exit, going out to ALL destinations, means that I am actually doing - RIGHT NOW - tor-over-vpn - NOT vpn-over-tor. Please help me.

:( Thank You - Please help me. I appreciate your time. Could you - please - I beg of you - re-read my plea for help? My goal is this: I'd like my isp to see only encryption to Tor- the vpnserver to see the tor-exit - and sites that discriminate against Tor to only see the airvpn-server-ip.

Hello!

Yes, of course, that was clear. The instructions in the previous admin post were meant exactly for this purpose.

I Already Have the Tor-browser - and I am using it at this very moment - AND I'm connected to an AirVpn server - at this moment - BUT THE OPPOSITE way of my goal. May I get help from you - please - without this being posted publicly? If so, you will understand why I am asking. I have been told that my tor-exit, going out to ALL destinations, means that I am actually doing - RIGHT NOW - tor-over-vpn - NOT vpn-over-tor. Please help me.

Do not use the TOR browser because if you use it with the above setup it will be tunneled over the same proxy OpenVPN connects to and the final host will see a TOR exit-node IP address.

Just use any browser which is not configured to connect to a proxy so that it will connect over OpenVPN over TOR. The final host will see the Air server exit-node and the Air server will not see your real IP address. The TOR nodes will see encrypted by OpenVPN traffic.

Kind regards

After after signing up, never having used a vpn, after the assurance that I would get the help that I need, after - literally - hundreds of hours of reading - and after dozens of hours of attempting to use AirVPN over Tor - and now for the 9th time in 5 days - please - please - please - help me.

You said:

"Do not use the TOR browser because if you use it with the above setup it will be tunneled over the same proxy OpenVPN connects to and the final host will see a TOR exit-node IP address."

Yes, I have SAID [repeatedly, by email, with AirVpnSupport] that this is happening and that THIS, in fact, IS my problem - because it is OPPOSITE of the way of connecting that will meet my needs, to circumvent censorship based upon Tor-discrimination.

Then you said:

"Just use any browser which is not configured to connect to a proxy so that it will connect over OpenVPN over TOR."

The last two words in that sentence: "over TOR." You said that it will connect "over TOR." HOW? ? ? No. It won't happen by accident, or by magic, and I HAVE NO TOR installed. I have asked, repeatedly, how to get it. Please help me and follow... I am working to save lives that are in danger and in a way that will ULTIMATELY promote YOUR stated MISSION if I succeed. And by email, I have stated this at least seven times, to airvpnsupport, in 5 days, and received a non-answer every time... Other than THAT browser - that you all, at support, have said to NOT use - I have NO TOR on my system, so how do I get it and implement it?.

Yesterday, in post #5561, I said:

"How can I get - and then use - Tor? Without the Tor-browser, I actually halve NO Tor. perhaps I can use Vidalia from the bundle - but use it wth the vanilla-firefox - do you know? ? ? Can you help me?"

You responded, in post #5562, saying:

"Hello!

You can find here the TOR Browser Bundle in the TOR Project website. It requires no installation (just decompress it), so it should be perfect for you, especially if Ubuntu-lucid is on a pen drive. Direct link:

www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Once you have it, your goal can be achieved with connections over OpenVPN over TOR. Instructions are available here:

airvpn.org/tor

Kind regards"

Right after I am repeatedly told by support, for five days in a row, to NOT use the Tor-browser, and THEN told by YOU to not use the Tor-browser, THEN YOU told me TO download the Tor-browser. Which is it?

Then you told me:"Instructions are available here: <airvpn.org/tor> Kind regards"

The instructions THERE, at <airvpn.org/tor> are SPECIFICALLY what has me doing it NOW BACKWARDS. This page: <airvpn.org/tor> SAYS to download the Tor-browser - and you just told me to NOT use it -> IF I DON'T USE IT, then I have no TOR - BEACAUSE THERE IS NO TOR ON MY SYSTEM, other than with the browser that You ALL keep saying NOT to use. So: for the 9th time - in 5 days - and after 19 hours a day - for more that 5 days in a row [after days of learning Bitcoin so that I can save the lives of people who are promoting the LARGE-AGENDA of AirVpn] yes - 5 days of attempting to do AirVPN-OVER-Tor, can you please help me or find someone to help me To GET TOR. I cannot figure out how to GET Tor - TOR With NO BROWSER from their website, as they REMOVED the instructions from their static website pages that I used successfully, for a stand-alone Mac-osx Tor-client, from 2008 through 2011. Now I use Ubuntu-lucid, on an antique computer, instead of mac-osx on an apple [an apple that rotted prematurely.] I have NO TOR on my computer. My computer has No hard drive - and I use ONLY a live-ubuntu-lucid-usb-stick... Can you answer my main question with some instructions or possibly a link to some tutorial for beginners that I clearly have not found in dozens of hours of searching? This is my ninth attempt at getting this question answered, so I'll phrase it more than one way:

My main question is: HOW can I GET TOR - to USE Tor - in a way that allows me to reach the AirVPN servers and, thus, achieve my goal? HOW do I GET AND USE Tor - with ubuntu-lucid - to do vpn-over-tor, instead of tor over-vpn?

In other words: How can I get - and THEN USE - Tor? Without the Tor-browser, I actually have NO Tor. Perhaps I can use Vidalia from the bundle - but use it wth the vanilla-firefox - do you know? ? ?

Hello!

The TOR Browser Bundle is useful to you to launch the TOR proxy, but of course you can use any other bundle you like. TBB also includes Aurora. After the TOR proxy is running and has established a circuit, connect OpenVPN over the TOR proxy according to the instructions, finally browse with any browser NOT configured to connect over a proxy (not Aurora, therefore). The browser (and any other program) will transparently connect over OpenVPN which is connected over the TOR proxy, therefore you have a connection over OpenVPN over TOR.

When you have that setup use a browser not configured to connect over a proxy in order to connect it over AirVPN over TOR.

Kind regards

:silly: Finally - Thank You - And I LOVE You - in the most appropriate way.

Please consider this - for the newbs who are working hard - on behalf of FREEDOM - AND THE FREE INTERNET - and while not very technically-savvy - are passionate enough to contribute - and to promote Net Neutrality - in the very best way that they know how:

Please consider doing one of two two things, or both: add more detail for non-tech users on your instructional pages - or add another static page with detailed newbie instructions followed by a Link to a "Tutorial-Links" static-page - for finding even more indepth instructions.

An example is on the page <airvpn.org/linux/> in #4 of the top section where it says "reach the directory." I actually spent many - many - hours trying to find out what that meant. And it would have meant so much to my LIFE, seriously, if there had been ONE SENTANCE about "cd-ing" in and then a link to a tutorial about it. It would have made a profound differance in my life - today - as I am under great stress and strategising about actual lives that are actually in great danger.

Implementing this [above] idea may help you to become the best vpn-service for All Of Eternity.

I appreciate your time and consideration...

I have one more simple request at this time which i will promptly email you about.

Thank you. And Do Good and Do Rightly.

Kind Regards & Gratitude!