Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.113.188
fuhtzefuzz

Failure to connect to Wireguard/Openvpn servers using Airvpn as well as others (Network Connection: NDIS USB Ethernet mobile hotspot)

LOG REPORT:

https://eddie.website/report/5b955f3d/

Would anyone like to take a crack at this?

I have attempted to reset network settings, reinstall Windows OS, reinstall network device (NDIS) drivers, reinstalled OpenVPN & Wireguard individually, reinstalled VPN providers' software. Connected to vpn servers via IVPN originally, then Proton VPN (just to test out what they had to offer), which failed as well. Having lead me now to trying out Airvpn via EdiieUI Windows 10 client. I used to be able to connect to my IVPN account using any method I wished, while connected to this USB hotspot (T-mobile Franklin T9) but I think somewhere I have screwed up my *routes* table for my system. So I have been searching around for manual commands I could try in powershell perhaps, to reconfigure my system's vpn tunnel for said connection. 

Take a look at the log and let me know, Thanks so very much! I've tried everything I can think of... I have factory reset my hotspot via Router settings interface as well as changed USB ports and swapped out USB cords, and attempted to connect using the hotspot's wifi option--then VPN--to no avail

Could this be a faulty hotspot device? Something screwed up on T-mobile's end? 

I also have issues in my hostpot "local networking not allowing access to TOR network" 

I am indeed a premium member of AirVPN as of yesterday
My account credentials are accurate and functional with said providers

What would you do?

Eddie-UI_log-report.txt

@wiz4rd

Hello!

Apparently UDP is blocked. Please make sure that no packet filtering tool either on your router or system blocks UDP. If you find nothing blocking:

1) The behavior has been noted sporadically with the Proton wintun interface your system is using (probably some previous installation: if Eddie finds a wintun interface already installed, it will use it without adding interfaces).. Force Eddie to create and use its own VPN interface: from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "Networking", fill the "VPN interface name" with eddie (or any other very short name you like), click "Save" and try again.

2) if the previous attempt does not resolve the issue, chances are that it's your ISP the one blocking UDP. Change connection mode:
  • from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select the line with OpenVPN, protocol TCP, port 443, entry-IP address 3 (THREE). The line will be highlitghted
  • click "Save"
If the above connection mode is successful, also try WireGuard. WireGuard works only in UDP, but if the ISP block pertains only to certain UDP ports, you could have a successful connection as WireGuard connects to a different port in our service. You can switch to WireGuard again in the "Preferences" > "Protocols" window.

Kind regards

Last night I had finally got my system to work using the USB ethernet > with IVPN. I read somewhere that the T-Mobile hotspot I have will only allow for vpn pass-through when the APN is set to ONLY IPv4 and not IPv4,IPv6. 

So I thought that might be a good preference to change when trying your application, however it was not enough. I do get my system to enable the interface and use (I can see in web browser IP address changes to one from AirVPN) but then suddenly it drops the connection and the Log shows that that it's checking the IPv4 routing then it restarts trying to connect (and trying to maintain said connection)

I did troubleshoot by trying your suggestions too. Switching the protocol port like you suggested didn't help and nor did the setting  of the VPN interface name to something new didn't do it either unfortunately. Thank for the help, let me know your thoughts

image.png.163fdc593317b88aa54bcd8a048dd538.png

Actually... for some reason I am not aware of... suddenly the Eddie client sucessfully has connected AND is maintaining said connection!

I'll let ya know if any issues moving forward, thanks