Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.0.25
kyrusdemnati

Serious question , how fast is airvpn wg for torrents and question on streaming

How does the speed compare to let’s say mullvad and NordVPN?

are servers all p2p or full ? 
Are speeds decent

i understand streaming isn’t priority but does it work ? Do any work like Netflix non us regions etc 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:19 PM, kyrusdemnati said:

Well, the servers don't move, so speed is kinda limited to 0 km/h, except for when it's moved, then it can be as slow as a pedestrian and as fast as a plane.

The throughput, though, is something only you can find out after some testing. A trial can be bought for 2€, or you can ask nicely in a support ticket if you could get a 3-day trial to test things out. If OpenVPN doesn't seem to be on par with your expectations, Wireguard should be tried.

Not sure I understand the question, but P2P is working on all servers.

i understand streaming isn’t priority but does it work ? Do any work like Netflix non us regions etc 

Netflix is rerouted to US everywhere, and it doesn't work reliably. Same goes for BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and others. Your Mileage May Vary.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, kyrusdemnati said:

Just tired Mullvad for a month for a bit of a comparison.  I would say that their speeds are on par with Air.  However they are moving a lot of their servers to 10Gib instead of 1Gib which the majority of Airs are.  As the speed remains comparable, I can only assume that Mullvad have a lot more users (they do not show server usuage state) so need the 10Gib.   I have a 900Mbps connection and can achieve speeds of about 750Mbps on Air using the Air client on Linux with Wireguard protocol.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, kyrusdemnati said:

Are speeds decent

Yes all servers are unrestricted and allow p2p and torrenting.

@kbps

Hello!

Another factor to consider is the overall ability to fully utilize the 10 Gbit/s bandwidth by a server running WireGuard and various OpenVPN instances, given other constraints. For instance, on our 10 Gbit/s servers, we were unable to exceed 4 Gbit/s bandwidth (2 in + 2 out) as the CPU load increases more than proportionally with the number of connected peers, not to mention the varying number of "conntrack entries" generated by clients, which can greatly impact kernel operations in a VPN server once they exceed 110-120,000. Since AirVPN has fewer users per server than Mullvad, you should be able to achieve higher speeds on AirVPN's 10 Gbit/s servers, but you state that performance is comparable. This is likely due to the other load factors. What's more interesting is that the performance of AirVPN's 1 Gbit/s full duplex servers (i.e. 2 Gbit/s servers, all of them except Mesarthim nowadays) is higher than Mullvad's performance on 10 Gbit/s servers. Can you (or anyone else) confirm this?

Kind regards