Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.203.68
Sign in to follow this  
foole

Why 100 Mbit/s servers and not 1000?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's with the many 100Mbit servers? Wouldn't 1Gbit have more bandwidth and/or be faster?

Not criticizing here, after all Air has plenty of 1Gbit servers to choose from and I always use them. But why provision a 100Mbit server at all? Air has 6 servers in Netherlands and 3 are 100Mbit? What gives?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's with the many 100Mbit servers? Wouldn't 1Gbit have more bandwidth and/or be faster?

Not criticizing here, after all Air has plenty of 1Gbit servers to choose from and I always use them. But why provision a 100Mbit server at all? Air has 6 servers in Netherlands and 3 are 100Mbit? What gives?

Hello!

Currently the infrastructures in Singapore and Italy do not provide a 1 Gbit/s dedicated port with 1 Gbit/s lines (even shared, best effort) as a viable solution for our requirements. They just can't provide enough traffic.

About the Netherlands servers, the old 100 Mbit/s have a dedicated line, which is burstable up to 200 Mbit/s, while the 1 Gbit/s servers have a dedicated 1 Gbit/s port connected to multiple shared lines capable to provide up to 1 Gbit/s 95% of the time. Since the 100 Mbit/s NL servers are in a different network than the Gbit NL servers, we prefer anyway to keep them for access redundancy.

Kind regards