Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.48.47
Sign in to follow this  
Guzmanus

Can't connect via UDP to any server

Hello, i'm running your service behind a firewall that allows just VPN traffic and HTTP traffic. I've noticed that i cant stablish a conection via the UDP protocol on any port (53, 80, 443...), it always gives this error

Sun Nov 11 10:56:16 2012 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

Sun Nov 11 10:56:16 2012 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

Sun Nov 11 10:56:16 2012 TCP/UDP: Closing socket

It could be that my network is closed to UDP traffic but is open to TCP? Could I be able to bypass that block to UDP traffic?

Hello, i'm running your service behind a firewall that allows just VPN traffic and HTTP traffic. I've noticed that i cant stablish a conection via the UDP protocol on any port (53, 80, 443...), it always gives this error

Sun Nov 11 10:56:16 2012 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

Sun Nov 11 10:56:16 2012 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

Sun Nov 11 10:56:16 2012 TCP/UDP: Closing socket

It could be that my network is closed to UDP traffic but is open to TCP? Could I be able to bypass that block to UDP traffic?

Hello!

Yes, it looks like your firewall drops every outgoing (or maybe incoming, or both) UDP packet. This will cause several issues to the network users, lot applications can't just be used etc.

Just connect over a TCP port and you should be able to solve every problem. Encapsulating packets in TCP will also allow you to use all the applications which rely on UDP packets and that currently you can't use on your network.

Kind regards

Allright.

So, then, what's the way to have the lowest latency possible without UDP protocol?

Hello!

Latency is a parameter which is not controllable, but you should try all the servers to see which can give you the lowest latency. Our server monitor will help you, showing a latency which has no absolute value, but is useful to make comparisons. https://airvpn.org/status

Kind regards