Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.94.171
Sign in to follow this  
skxBMrYsxlli

Support no longer provided via info@airvpn.org?

I need help figuring out why I can't get better than a 4/4Mbps connection to AirVPN. I've sent OpenVPN logs to AirVPN support as requested, and can't even get confirmation that anyone is working on the problem.

I need help figuring out why I can't get better than a 4/4Mbps connection to AirVPN. I've sent OpenVPN logs to AirVPN support as requested, and can't even get confirmation that anyone is working on the problem.

Hello!

The support answers typically take 1-2 hours (4-5 hours during the weekend nights, CET). If you did not receive any reply please check your spam folder and anyway re-send your support request. You can also elaborate your problem here in the forum, if you wish so.

Kind regards

The support answers typically take 1-2 hours (4-5 hours during the weekend nights, CET). If you did not receive any reply please check your spam folder and anyway re-send your support request. You can also elaborate your problem here in the forum, if you wish so.

I allowed 48 hours during the week. Not a weekend. And I had to transmit the requested logs three times before anyone appeared to notice, and whomever I corresponded with agrees that they don't show a single thing out of the ordinary.

I'm having the same problem as some other people I've seen on the forum: I'm getting 4/4Mbps through nodes that are not heavily used. Everything on my end is, essentially, perfect, and AirVPN is the only service or protocol or site I access that has this limitation, so I'm going to go ahead and say: it's got to be AirVPN.

I'm a systems and networks administrator. I've been doing this for over a decade. My router/firewall machine is a Core i5-2500. Four cores, 16GiB of RAM. It's lightly loaded. This is not a problem with a crappy little MIPS32 router at 400MHz or 680MHz. And I'm using a full install of Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 LTS with very few changes from defaults.

I have a business-class connection through my ISP. I've never caught them throttling any other type of traffic, so finding that they throttle 443/tcp connections would be quite a surprise.

If anyone would care to share any insight, I'd appreciate it.

I allowed 48 hours during the week. Not a weekend. And I had to transmit the requested logs three times before anyone appeared to notice, and whomever I corresponded with agrees that they don't show a single thing out of the ordinary.

Hello!

Maybe some communication problems? The support is much faster than 48 hours.

I'm having the same problem as some other people I've seen on the forum: I'm getting 4/4Mbps through nodes that are not heavily used. Everything on my end is, essentially, perfect, and AirVPN is the only service or protocol or site I access that has this limitation, so I'm going to go ahead and say: it's got to be AirVPN.

Of course it can't be excluded: if there's "bad peering" between all our datacenters bandwidth providers and your ISP, unfortunately this can't be resolved. Although we are careful to put servers in datacenters with POPs connected directly to tier1 and tier2 providers, it's impossible to have a 100% certainty to have good peering/latency/routing etc. with all the ISPs in the world... this is just how the Internet works.

I'm a systems and networks administrator. I've been doing this for over a decade. My router/firewall machine is a Core i5-2500. Four cores, 16GiB of RAM. It's lightly loaded. This is not a problem with a crappy little MIPS32 router at 400MHz or 680MHz. And I'm using a full install of Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 LTS with very few changes from defaults.

Ok, so it is probably safe to assume that the above cause is the most probable cause for your 16 Mbit/s performance.

I have a business-class connection through my ISP. I've never caught them throttling any other type of traffic, so finding that they throttle 443/tcp connections would be quite a surprise.

If you haven't already done so, please try connections over UDP ports (try them all), you might have better performance for obvious reasons. Or, you might notice packet fragmentation (which you can't notice with TCP of course), in which case you might fine-tune OpenVPN for higher performance as you probably already know.

Kind regards

Just want to say that using the AirVPN client I was getting pretty much my full provider bandwidth to one of the US servers. Using my DD-WRT router nets around 4 mbps. If you look at the service status you can see there are users getting good speeds.