Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.126.11

I've been with AirVPN for nearly 10 years using a Server 2003 system with 2.12.4 installed.  It has downloaded just fine until recently when the system would randomly disconnect. 

So I got a 7 Pro x64 system going and figured now was the time to try out the new 2.21.8 and wow, nothing but issues.  For some reason my download speeds are < 1kBps with Eddie on, turn off and ubuntu will download a 2.5MBps!  I've tried all the protocols with disconnects/reconnects in between and still nothing.  

I must be missing something but not sure where.  I'd like to get 2.12.4 to work and be done with it as I've already wasted a precious subscription day on this and once my subscription ends I'm not too wild about paying again just to start troubleshooting on something without anymore direction.  

Is there a 2.12.4 x64 version to download?  The x86 gives a missing Lib.Platfrom.Windows.Native.dll.  I'd be happy to use the new version but without assistance then I'm resorting to what I know works.  Please advise.

Hello!

Eddie 2.12.4 is really too old as well as Windows 2003. You can anyway download old Eddie versions by clicking "Other versions" in the download page. However, Eddie 2.12.4 is no more available because it is no more compatible with the new AirVPN features. The oldest one that's available is Eddie 2.13.6, but please keep in mind that features like Hummingbird or WireGuard are available only in much more recent releases.

The same concerns may apply with very old systems, and in general we would recommend that nobody runs abandoned systems, for compatibility but above all for security reasons.

Given the quick development of new features and VPN innovations in the last years, we deem quite reasonable to break compatibility with 5-6 years old software of ours as well as with abandoned systems. Remember, anyway, that even though Eddie 2.12.4 is no more available, we still support connections from OpenVPN 2.2 (on entry-IP addresses 1 and 2), which runs decently in very old systems too.

Kind regards

11 hours ago, mgc6288 said:

I've been with AirVPN for nearly 10 years using a Server 2003 system with 2.12.4 installed.  It has downloaded just fine until recently when the system would randomly disconnect. 

Holy hell, man. Are we going to see people connecting with Windows 98 in the future? Wouldn't that be something…? :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.