Not connected, Your IP: 3.80.131.164
loopy123

Sucuri blocking many websites

Posted ... (edited)

so I just got my first AirVPN sub, and when trying to visit linux Mint's website, and I get the...

Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

All sorts of threads on these forums with users complaining, and I finally found some AirVPN staff reply linking 2 docs to show some sort of lists? AND THE 2 LINKS HE PROVIDED ARE BLOCKED WITH THE SAME ACCESS DENIED MESSAGE! I almost felt like he was trolling us all. either way, I don't understand why this is happening. I thought AirVPN was this bestest and most secure VPN out there? I guess a little too secure for some sites where they need to resort to blocking you.

tried using TOR and going to site via starpage > same issue. the only thing i havent tried is messing with my VPN settings. but from what I've read, the only solution is to turn off my VPN which I am not going to do. why did I pay $ for this and to not be visible on the web, to turn it off? Guess I'll try another VPN after it expires in a year and see if it's better. but i have a feeling companies block VPNs regardless, like banks. just didn't expect linux to do this. WHY~!?

Screenshot 2023-11-21 230347.png

Edited ... by KingTut14

Yeah, this is disappointing.  
Either the staff doesn't understand the problem, or they're gaslighting us.  

Hi folks, reporting the latest on this extremely unpleasant business.  I was trying to upgrade Linux Mint to Virginia the past few days but grew frustrated and angry when there was no means by which I could read their release notes on our little VPN.
I even tried the previously posted Brazil-Famu connections, but Suckuri must have gotten wind of it and it is now blocked.

I just upgraded to Mint 21.3 (Virginia). To my surprise, Vancouver BC - Ginan  is getting through, and I am reading https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_virginia_whatsnew.php     while on it when before it was blocked. 
Does it work for you guys?  I'm not donating to the Linux Mint team until they care about this. I used to donate a couple times a year.

Ed.  This might be part of wider action. I am also blocked on reddit now. It's really sh*tty. I imagine it must be concerning to Airvpn staff as well because this will result in losing subscriptions. I've even considered leaving and I've been an ambassador for this service since 2017.

@John Gow

Thanks, we ignore the Linux Mint policy hostile to AirVPN and their reasons to act in this way after we supported the open source community so much in the last 13 years, but as far as it pertains to Reddit that's part of their policy enforced ever since years ago. Please note that it is in no way a block against AirVPN and that you can enter Reddit anyway from all the AirVPN servers. For a full description please jump here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/56980-vpn-servers-mostly-blocked-by-reddit/

1 hour ago, John Gow said:

This might be part of wider action

It is, but it's not against AirVPN specifically. An important reason for which all VPNs tend to get blocked (but of course this can't be the reason for Linux Mint web sites) is that their usage has exceeded a critical threshold worldwide and it's now threatening businesses based on profiling, personal data harvesting and reselling. For other reasons, see also:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/57171-no-specific-report/?do=findComment&comment=228533

Kind regards