Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.152.38

How does Shadowsocks work on Android? If it uses VPNService (as in, it creates a "VPN connection" through which things are routed), then no.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

11 hours ago, Alexei Sator said:

Understood, I think it would be a great idea to add Shadowsocks as one of AirVPNs protocols

There is no basis to do so, so it's unlikely it will come. :)

Why do you say that there is no reason for this? Now is just the moment when there are a lot of reasons for this. As you may be aware, mobile operators are making attempts to block all of Eddie's current protocols (Wireguard and OpenVPN) for use on Android! If there are no new protocols in Eddie, then he will be useless for use on Android!
Is there even a question of adding for example Shadowsocks, V2Ray, SoftEther or something else?

34 minutes ago, needvpn said:

Now is just the moment when there are a lot of reasons for this.

Please do enlighten the readers.

34 minutes ago, needvpn said:

As you may be aware, mobile operators are making attempts to block all of Eddie's current protocols (Wireguard and OpenVPN) for use on Android! If there are no new protocols in Eddie, then he will be useless for use on Android!

Frankly, Android doesn't care about the VPN protocol, and neither do mobile operators. Android only cares whether there is a VPN connection active using the VPNService API, which it is if Shadowsocks uses that same API to work. So what you wrote is not 100% accurate.

37 minutes ago, needvpn said:

Is there even a question of adding for example Shadowsocks, V2Ray, SoftEther or something else?

Consider yourself reminded of the fact that AirVPN is a VPN provider, not a proxy provider. Support for any kinds of proxy services will not see the light of day for the forseeable future. Others requested it in the past:Now, Shadowsocks and V2Ray are proxies, SoftEther is not a protocol but a software supporting other protocols in both server and client mode, and "something else" must be named for evaluation. :)

Hello!

We have used a lot of resources in the last decade to support Tor and Tor Project, and our main recommendation is always the same: rely on Tor first and foremost, using Tor bridges with various Pluggable Transports when necessary (for example from Iran they are now the only remaining resource to bypass blocks). Tor bridges are available even in Android (easy configuration with Tor Browser or Orbot).

Regardless of any "super-obfuscating-protocol" we may propose, any regime can collect our IP addresses and block them all. Thanks to volunteers, the every day addition of new Tor bridges with new IP addresses, as well as the addition of private unlisted Tor bridges, makes the regime lackeys "job" much more difficult. The flexibility of the addition of nodes and IP addresses worldwide in this case beats any possible commitment of a single, small private company. See also:
https://tb-manual.torproject.org/circumvention/

Kind regards

On 8/11/2023 at 10:59 PM, Staff said:

Hello!

We have used a lot of resources in the last decade to support Tor and Tor Project, and our main recommendation is always the same: rely on Tor first and foremost, using Tor bridges with various Pluggable Transports when necessary (for example from Iran they are now the only remaining resource to bypass blocks). Tor bridges are available even in Android (easy configuration with Tor Browser or Orbot).

Regardless of any "super-obfuscating-protocol" we may propose, any regime can collect our IP addresses and block them all. Thanks to volunteers, the every day addition of new Tor bridges with new IP addresses, as well as the addition of private unlisted Tor bridges, makes the regime lackeys "job" much more difficult. The flexibility of the addition of nodes and IP addresses worldwide in this case beats any possible commitment of a single, small private company. See also:
https://tb-manual.torproject.org/circumvention/

Kind regards

On 8/24/2022 at 12:46 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

There is no basis to do so, so it's unlikely it will come. :)
There is absolutely the basis to do so, and it's a shame it's not there yet.

17 hours ago, JohnSina12 said:

There is absolutely the basis to do so, and it's a shame it's not there yet.

Please enlighten the readers as to what basis there is, from your perspective, for a VPN provider running VPN servers to implement support for proxies in the face of more superior technologies being available – chief of all, as Staff meintioned, Tor.
How is a proxy better suited for the sake of privacy?
How would you address the problem pointed out by Staff?

The fact is that in a situation where the provider blocks both protocols OpenVPN and WireGuard, then the use of Airvpn becomes impossible.

The exception is the desktop client where you can set up SSH with OpenVPN.

If you can find more ideas on how to use Airvpn for Android when blocked OpenVPN and WireGuard please share with us.

11 hours ago, needvpn said:

If you can find more ideas on how to use Airvpn for Android when blocked OpenVPN and WireGuard please share with us.

Orbot support in the Android app, maybe? This might let one use something akin to VPN over Tor, but I only skimmed the docs on that and am not sure whether Orbot can be "launched" via intents. It does seem to use VPNService for this like any other VPN app.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Orbot support in the Android app, maybe? This might let one use something akin to VPN over Tor, but I only skimmed the docs on that and am not sure whether Orbot can be "launched" via intents. It does seem to use VPNService for this like any other VPN app.

Yes you are right about Orbot, it works partially (only with some bridges and very slow). With default settings, Orbot is also blocked by providers.

And Orbot has nothing to do with AirVPN.

Therefore, having an active Air VPN subscription, I unfortunately cannot use AIRVPN on Android and will have to buy another VPN that supports its own protocols or has other protocols.

I understand that AIRVPN is not required to adapt to all customers, but I feel sorry for stopping using this service because it has ceased to develop and cannot/dont want offer a solution to the current problem...

2 hours ago, needvpn said:

Therefore, having an active Air VPN subscription, I unfortunately cannot use AIRVPN on Android and will have to buy another VPN that supports its own protocols or has other protocols.

I understand that AIRVPN is not required to adapt to all customers, but I feel sorry for stopping using this service because it has ceased to develop and cannot/dont want offer a solution to the current problem...

If subscribing to another VPN service is a viable choice for you to get such a feature, I don't understand why you're still here trying to convince everyone of it when the Staff account already turned an implementation down for the forseeable future. Like, what's the goal here?

And no, development of the Android app has not ceased; not sure what made you think that.