Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.187.11
highstaker

Most servers won't connect to a certain IP

Posted ... (edited)

Hello!

Recently I started experiencing problems with connection to some IP addresses while using some of the VPN servers. On some servers it works fine. But on others even PING doesn't work - the packets are sent and the response is never received. I'm positive that it used to work on at least some of the currently non-working servers.

As an example, an IP which I try to ping and connect to 62.149.188.200 (aruba.it).

Some servers where connecting to this IP currently works fine:
Westerlund
Virginis
Titawin
Tegmen

Some servers where the packets are totally lost (there are more):
Lich
Yildun
Geminorum
Xuange
Scuti
Rukbat
Rotanev
Piscium
Orbitar
Tucana
Tiaki
Telescopium
Ursa
Taurus
Tejat
Teegarden
Tarazed
Taphao
Talitha
Vulpecula
Turais

I cannot pinpoint the pattern of why it happens. Country doesn't seem to be the problem, because Virginis works, Xuange doesn't, they're both in Switzerland, and there are other country examples there. I tried to `traceroute` it, some working examples seem to go through the same nodes that non-working ones go through. Yildun worked just 10 hours ago, Geminorum worked just 2 hours ago, but no more.

And I tried with Eddie on Linux and OpenVPN Connect on Android, the effects are the same, so it doesn't seem to be a client issue.

I tried checking VPN servers for anti-spam blacklists and the situation is the reverse. Xuange, which doesn't work, is only in two blacklists (https://dnschecker.org/ip-blacklist-checker.php?query=79.142.69.160). And Virginis, which does work fine, is in five blacklists (https://dnschecker.org/ip-blacklist-checker.php?query=46.19.137.116).

Could you tell me why this might be happening?
Thanks!

UPDATE: 2022/07/05 06:25 UTC: Ursa no longer works
UPDATE: 2022/07/05 08:40 UTC: Vulpecula and Turais used to work but no more

Edited ... by highstaker

Posted ... (edited)

EDIT: Please feel free to delete the post in favor of the one linked below, I thought I opened the post in the Blocked websites warning section but apparently I didn't and now I can't delete the post. Thank you.

Hello, first post here so please instruct me if I did something wrong.

It seems that aruba.it network is not accessible since a couple of days, I tried various servers in Europe but could not connect from any of them. I tried:
- aruba.it
- smtps.aruba.it
- imaps.aruba.it
- smtp.aruba.it

Based on this post from the forum  it seems that other are having the same issue

Edited ... by svalo
Wrong section and post deletion may be a good option