Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.73.125
Sign in to follow this  
Indigo35

Question about torrenting

SWIM (someone who isn't me) has AirVPN (loves it!) and uses it quite heavily for P2P purposes.

What happens if the MPAA/RIAA asks AirVPN for logs or says that they see heavy IP addy activity coming from AirVPN?

Does AirVPN just throw them in the trash?

Additionally, how secure is SWIM transferring torrents with AirVPN? I wish I knew what TOR was, but from reading more information on this site, it can't be used for P2P. SWIM is looking to make the torrent packet payload even more secure. Is that possible or just overkill?

Thanks!

SWIM (someone who isn't me) loves AirVPN and torrents quite heavily on the service.

Is this really safe considering that the MPAA and RIAA watch out for this? What does AirVPN do if asked by them to reveal the person? Do they just throw the request in the garbage can?

SWIM is also wondering how s/he could further protect his torrenting payload, if possible.

Thank you.

SWIM (someone who isn't me) has AirVPN (loves it!) and uses it quite heavily for P2P purposes.

What happens if the MPAA/RIAA asks AirVPN for logs or says that they see heavy IP addy activity coming from AirVPN?

Does AirVPN just throw them in the trash?

Hello!

We don't keep such logs.

Additionally, how secure is SWIM transferring torrents with AirVPN? I wish I knew what TOR was, but from reading more information on this site, it can't be used for P2P. SWIM is looking to make the torrent packet payload even more secure. Is that possible or just overkill?

Thanks!

Can you please elaborate?

Kind regards

SWIM was just wondering if there was something additional she could do to protect the traffic or if OpenVPN is sufficient.

SWIM was just wondering if there was something additional she could do to protect the traffic or if OpenVPN is sufficient. :)

Hello!

It's important to secure the connection against leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnections. Please follow the permanently linked guides in our announcements forum section according to your OS.

Kind regards

Your torrent client can be configured to use TOR, but it is considered highly bad form to do that since it is a massive drain on TOR's bandwidth and TOR was not set up for that purpose. If you are using a VPN there is really no need to pull your torrents through the TOR network, and speeds would be abysmal anyway.

BTW you really don't need to "SWIM". Firstly, it offer no legal protection whatsoever and secondly... you are using a VPN

The routing tables were too difficult to monkey around with, so I am using Viscosity and on their support site offer a solution to disable routing if the VPN breaks.

You might want to consider using a Linux distro with Ktorrent. Ktorrent allows you to choose which connection to download on and when the connection drops, torrenting stops.