Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.244.151
Philiberti

Eddie 2.21.6 Installation Problem

I'm running windows 11 64 bit and got an error when trying to instal the latest Eddie verion 2.21.6 - "Error opening file for writing C:\Program Files\AirVPN\Eddie-Service-Elevated.exe" - see screen grab attached. I ran the installation as an Administrator without success and now have no idea how to proceed - can anybody help?

Eddie 2.21.6 Installation Problem.jpg

@Philiberti

Hello!

Please remove completely the mentioned directory. If you can't do it with administrator privileges, it's plausible that some process is locking the directory,, so reboot in Safe Mode and try again to remove the directory. Then, reboot in normal mode and run again the installer.

Kind regards

Hi,

I removed the directory as instructed above and the re-installation of 2.21.6 completed without any problems in normal mode. Thanks once again to AirVPN support for a quick and detailed solution.

Kind regards
Philiberti

Hi,
     Just tried to install 2.21.6 on an Acer Aspire laptop running windows 11 and got the error message below. Can anyone help?

Regards

761999806_ElevatedPrivileges.png.a9ef5d3204a8e6c4e27166911d614271.png

Sorry to post in an old thread, but I believe I'm having this same issue on Windows 10. I have no idea how to remove a directory. Is anyone able to explain this fix in more detail?

10 hours ago, sylo said:

Sorry to post in an old thread, but I believe I'm having this same issue on Windows 10. I have no idea how to remove a directory. Is anyone able to explain this fix in more detail?

Hello!

Please open a command prompt and run the rmdir command:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/rmdir

Make sure to enforce /s option and type the directory name between double quotes (because a space is in the path name). Therefore:
rmdir /s "absolute path and name here"

Finally (re)install Eddie.

Kind regards