Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.67.251

So I have gotten a couple copyright notices lately and I have confirmed AirVPN is running and logged in, how can I correct what ever is going on? It all seemed to start when I reloaded Eddie... I ran the program IPLEAK.net and used to torrent address detector and it did show my home ip addy. Is this where it's coming from? Please keep in mind, I'm not an advanced user.

Thanks for the help all!

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

It's not a DNS leak, but your torrent client clearly leaks your ISP IP, probably because it binds to all interfaces. Which means, it can happen that it uses your ISP IP to download things.

Unfortunately, you failed to mention which client you're using, so exact directions on how to fix that cannot be given.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

For qBittorrent, in its settings > Advanced, set Network interface to the VPN adapter. On Windows, this could be TAP-Windows or wintun.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you... I'll go have a look see. Never had any issues until the eddie reload.

On a somewhat similar note, I'm running a VPN client interface within my LAN on a Protectli vault FW4B firewall/router using pfSense, and using rules based routing, both my NAS and my desktop PC are effectively utilizing the VPN interface.  So a search for my ip address shows the VPN server, and that is the IP that shows up when I run IPLeak.net, but for some reason my ISP's DNS is being pinged and showing up?  I have Cloudflare's DNServers listed and running in the pfSense setup, so I'm trying to track down why IPLeak.net is showing my ISP's DNS ?

Hello!

For the readers, an update from the support team. The problem of the OP was caused by the fact that he/she disabled Eddie's Network Lock inadvertently by setting "Allow outgoing" and "Allow incoming" connections outside the VPN tunnel in the network lock fine tuning settings. This event pushes us to recommend the following: do not change advanced settings if you don't understand what they do. Read the documentation first and if you still have doubts contact the customer service.

Kind regards

On 4/19/2023 at 1:33 PM, Stgeorge said:

On a somewhat similar note, I'm running a VPN client interface within my LAN on a Protectli vault FW4B firewall/router using pfSense, and using rules based routing, both my NAS and my desktop PC are effectively utilizing the VPN interface.  So a search for my ip address shows the VPN server, and that is the IP that shows up when I run IPLeak.net, but for some reason my ISP's DNS is being pinged and showing up?  I have Cloudflare's DNServers listed and running in the pfSense setup, so I'm trying to track down why IPLeak.net is showing my ISP's DNS ?

You're issue lies in the DNS resolver, typically these will be misconfigured.

Also make sure 'DNS server overide' is unchecked in general settings.

Personally for granular control, creating aliases and using NAT port forwarding for DNS is the way I go.

I don't see the point in using using a VPN you trust and using a 3rd party DNS. Lock your VPN traffic to AirVPN DNS and let your clearweb traffic use Clouflare etc..

Hey thanks for the tips!  Yes, I have the 'DNS server override' in System>General Setup unchecked, and I have the DNS Resolver enabled, but I wonder if you could 1) walk through general DNS Resolver setup configuration and 2) how, exactly, to "lock your VPN traffic to a certain DNS and let your clearweb traffic use Cloudflare" ?

Regarding VPN traffic- I do have a PIA VPN client up and running, and I have certain devices on my LAN properly configured (using an Alias) to move all traffic to/from through the PIA gateway- so that's all good, but would love to know more about how to lock down that PIA traffic to using a PIA DNS (I guess?).

Thank you!