Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.62.42

I'm a long time fan of AirVPN.
With that in mind, we used the services of a competitor, ProtonVPN.
My OS is Ubuntu, and the ProtonVPN application has caused several crashes.
In terms of speed, ProtonVPN is the way to go. Their VPN is very good. Their VPN is so good that it's almost as good as ExspressVPN.
But in terms of trustworthiness, I'm going back to AirVPN, and AirVPN's Eddie is wonderfully stable!
Stability and security is what we all want.

As a note, if you are using Windows 10, iOS or Android, ProtonVPN is the way to go.
ProtonVPN's application on Linux is poor, to say the least.
People who want privacy and security tend to use Linux, so in the long run, AirVPN should be a huge company.

If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.

So, choose ProtonVPN. But before you do, you should give much more info on why you think it's better, and elaborate on that small but not so innocent mention of "almost as good as ExpressVPN", which in my eyes looks somewhat like covert advertising. What you really meant was "ProtonVPN is so good that it's almost as good as AirVPN" ;)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

14 hours ago, cwtokyo said:

In terms of speed, ProtonVPN is the way to go.

This is vague until you tell what your factual ISP speed is, what you get with VPN connected and how far the servers are (geographically, and in network distance) and the extra latency the connection incurs.
Note that AirVPN dismisses many countries as locations due to legal grounds (national laws) and some VPN providers have been caught providing "virtual locations": Server is physically in country A but is tracked in geo databases as country B. (not saying Proton/Express do this, but you must be aware of this possibility and check)

For most people some features arent so important. In my case, i need port forwarding. So a lot vpn services arent suited for me, because its a "rare" feature. I tested a lot of services and read a lot.
tags like "supports P2P" is just a catch most of the time, no port forwarding, p2p is just allowed. some services marks some of their servers even with "p2p".

Also most users dont need fullspeed.

PS:Express VPN was sold to a adware company. it was called crossraider and they had to change the name into kape tec after shitstorm... they also bought cyberghost and more.  In my opinion, these services are on the last place together...

On 9/16/2021 at 12:46 PM, cwtokyo said:

it's almost as good as ExspressVPN.

With all due respect for an old time customer like you, comparing AirVPN with ExpressVPN is an insult we can't accept.

ExpressVPN has always been perfectly aware that one of its executives was an American intelligence operative who helped UAE human rights hostile government in cracking operations. We do agree with Edward Snowden when he says that you must not use ExpressVPN. Incidentally, ExpressVPN is now part of a big group that, throughout the past decade, was an adware based business with shady privacy practices.

Please check:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/3aq9p5/expressvpn-uae-hacking-project-raven-daniel-gericke
https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1438127822883729412
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1438291654239215619
https://www.theregister.com/2021/09/14/expressvpn_bought_kape/

Kind regards

On 9/19/2021 at 2:42 PM, Staff said:

ExpressVPN has always been perfectly aware that one of its executives was an American intelligence operative who helped UAE human rights hostile government in cracking operations. We do agree with Edward Snowden when he says that you must not use ExpressVPN. Incidentally, ExpressVPN is now part of a big group that, throughout the past decade, was an adware based business with shady privacy practices.

More very important information:
https://english.almayadeen.net/articles/analysis/exclusive:-expressvpn-insider-tells-all-on-companys-israelua

Kind regards

So at the end of the day ExpressVPN is a little honeypot, and the sheer amount of ads they're selling always was a giveaway for that.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.