Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.12.242
Sign in to follow this  
pipox9

Fire Stick an TV services from France TV / RaiPlay

Hi,

I use Air VPN with an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (under Fire OS 6.2.8.0), thanks to Eddy (version 2.4). I connect from France (I do not choose the server, since there are none in France, and Eddy usually connects to a server in the Netherlands, if that matters), and I wish to watch RaiPlay (app 3.2.3) and France TV (app 4.3.0).

My issues are the following:
1) if I am connected with Eddy, I cannot watch France TV. I can open the app, but when I choose a channel to strem, the following message appears: "L'accès à cette vidéo est impossible. Code erreur: 3005 ... [something like "Access to this steam is not possible"]". If I turn Eddy off, France TV works (but then, no VPN, and using a Firestick, it would not be the best option for privacy)
2) when I am connected with Eddy and I browse the available channels of the RaiPlay app, I cannot watch RAI1, RAI5, Rai Storia, Rai Yoyo, Rai Gulp, Rai Sport (but strangely enough, Rai Sport più HD is visible), Rai Scuola and Rai Radio 2. The error message is "The streaming of this content is available in Italy only. We apologize for the inconvenience". I do not know if the above depends on the programme being broadcasted at that particular moment ... on the other hand, the content on demand seems to be available.

Does anybody experience the same? Any ideas how improve the situation?
From my point of view: I can understand the issue 1) (although I would like to find a way round), but I find 2) quite strange (either everything works or nothing)...

Thank you in advance

Same for lcp.fr for example . With youtub-dl : «This video is available in French Guiana, France, French Polynesia, Martinique, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, French Southern Territories, Saint Martin (French part), Réunion, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Guadeloupe.»

About RAI : don't seems to have Italian server …

@pipox9

Hello!

The problems with some RAI channels had been resolved soon after you posted the message in summer 2021. Then a new problem arose with a couple of channels in late January 2021 and it has been again fixed at the beginning of February. These problems come from RAI changing CDN and other settings. Such events require manual intervention.

Kind regards